State's Rights in Georgia and the Georgia gubernatorial election, 2010

Started by Lettow77, March 15, 2010, 05:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

The election in Georgia is something full of promise. The current governor cannot seek re-election; The tea party folk seem to be rallying around a League of the South candidate. State's Rights he has preached for a long time, and the idea is regaining currency in the South, for those who have noticed. I think he may really have a chance to win this election.

http://www.georgiafirst.org/governor/moneybomb/

Ray Mcberry's speeches on State's Rights, Abortion, the 2nd Amendment & such are all here.  I am confident a good showing can be made- The stars are right for a radical candidate. He is, if anything, more radical than he comes across; He is infact a  high-ranking member of the League of the South, and a secessionist.

Any of y'all wish Georgia was no longer dirtying up your country, please give generously to his campaign.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 15, 2010, 05:33:38 AM

The election in Georgia is something full of promise. The current governor cannot seek re-election; The tea party folk seem to be rallying around a League of the South candidate. State's Rights he has preached for a long time, and the idea is regaining currency in the South, for those who have noticed. I think he may really have a chance to win this election.

http://www.georgiafirst.org/governor/moneybomb/

Ray Mcberry's speeches on State's Rights, Abortion, the 2nd Amendment & such are all here.  I am confident a good showing can be made- The stars are right for a radical candidate. He is, if anything, more radical than he comes across; He is infact a  high-ranking member of the League of the South, and a secessionist.

Any of y'all wish Georgia was no longer dirtying up your country, please give generously to his campaign.

Your agony at his failure will be delicious.  And you know, if you yobbos would start talking and stop screaming, there is a legal procedure for secession.  And with our country as screwed financially as it is now, they might be willing to actually listen to the suggestion for once.
Experience bij!

Faeelin

Quick, ask these supporters of states rights if they support the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Hansmeister on March 15, 2010, 09:50:07 AM
Please take Jimmy Carter with you.

Good lord, man, you made a coherent contribution that I can actually somewhat agree with. :cry:
Experience bij!

Habbaku

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 15, 2010, 05:33:38 AMI think he may really have a chance to win this election.

:lol:  Running against an incredibly popular insurance commissioner in the primaries?  Fat chance.  John Oxendine is going to coast to the Republican nomination and then go on to deny Barnes a second term.  You are clueless.  McBerry's been running in the governor's election at every opportunity but has never polled well and performed equally as dismally in the actual primaries.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Oh, I know it. He wont win.

He'll have a better showing than 2006; I'd say probably by half again as much as last time.

You take the fun out of this, you know.

It is hard to say just how widespread tea-party-ism is. It could go better than I expect, and I hope so. He is a very good man- I've had the honour to meet him in person.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on March 15, 2010, 11:13:43 AM
John Oxendine is going to coast to the Republican nomination and then go on to deny Barnes a second term.

I think Karen Handel's going to win the nomination.

Quote from: Habbaku on March 15, 2010, 11:13:43 AMYou are clueless.  McBerry's been running in the governor's election at every opportunity but has never polled well and performed equally as dismally in the actual primaries.

11.6% in the 2006 primary, didn't run before that.
http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/election_results/2006_0718/0000120.htm

CountDeMoney