ATF Seizes Airsoft Guns - Reason: 'Could be Converted Into Machine Guns'

Started by Malthus, March 12, 2010, 01:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Malthus on March 12, 2010, 04:46:15 PM
How would that work? surely the "full metal" Airsoft guns don't come with barrels & other bits designed to withstand the actual pressures of a working firearm? I'd have thought that retrofitting would result in the user getting a face full of exploding bits of toy as like as not, even if theoretically possible.

They're fairly heavy metal, and I believe some of the worst "Copyright? What's that?" companies will buy up surplus shells (those get marketed as "full-metal/full-takedown"), and just retrofit the receiver and add an inner barrel for the smaller diameter BBs.
Experience bij!

Warspite

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 12, 2010, 05:08:07 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 12, 2010, 04:46:15 PM
How would that work? surely the "full metal" Airsoft guns don't come with barrels & other bits designed to withstand the actual pressures of a working firearm? I'd have thought that retrofitting would result in the user getting a face full of exploding bits of toy as like as not, even if theoretically possible.

They're fairly heavy metal, and I believe some of the worst "Copyright? What's that?" companies will buy up surplus shells (those get marketed as "full-metal/full-takedown"), and just retrofit the receiver and add an inner barrel for the smaller diameter BBs.

I don't think heavy metal is sufficient, the engineering for the whole thing has to be capable of withstanding the stresses involved.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA