Dutch nurses’ union: Care does not include sex

Started by jimmy olsen, March 12, 2010, 03:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Is it really necessary to launch a national campaign to get this message across? I mean, I know it's the Netherlands, but come on. :lol:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35822457/ns/health-more_health_news/
QuoteDutch nurses' union: Care does not include sex

Members say some patients claimed sexual services should be standard

Reuters
updated 8:39 p.m. ET March 11, 2010

AMSTERDAM - A union representing Dutch nurses will launch a national campaign Friday against demands for sexual services by patients who claim it should be part of their standard care.

The union, NU'91, is calling the campaign "I Draw The Line Here," with an advert that features a young woman covering her face with crossed hands.

The union said in a statement Thursday that the campaign follows a complaint it had received in the last week from a 24-year-old woman who said a 42-year-old disabled man asked her to provide sexual services as part of his care at home.

The young woman witnessed some of the man's other nurses offering him sexual gratification, the union said. When she refused to do the same, he tried to dismiss her on the grounds that she was unfit to provide care.

"This type of action is not part of the job responsibilities of carers and nurses," NU'91 said.

The case has been reported to police, the union added.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

You laugh, but this sort of thing happens to home nurses that work for my company fairly often. :contract:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Strix

I would vote for healthcare reform in the US if this were included. We already get :boff: by the insurance companies so it would only be fair.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Caliga

Quote from: Strix on March 12, 2010, 05:23:50 AM
I would vote for healthcare reform in the US if this were included. We already get :boff: by the insurance companies so it would only be fair.
Now that would be a way to sell the reform.  Run for Congress, Strix.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on March 12, 2010, 05:13:14 AM
You laugh, but this sort of thing happens to home nurses that work for my company fairly often. :contract:
You should stop doing that. HR will make you go to sexual harassment seminars.
PDH!

Jaron

Why do women always break time honored traditions? <_<
Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Quote from: Jaron on March 12, 2010, 06:26:51 AM
Why do women always break time honored traditions? <_<

I blame Satan and the apple.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Note to self: Should I ever become a cripple, move to the Netherlands
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2010, 03:23:56 AM
The young woman witnessed some of the man's other nurses offering him sexual gratification, the union said. When she refused to do the same, he tried to dismiss her on the grounds that she was unfit to provide care.

Those nurses are a credit to their profession.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.