And we're back!

Main Menu

The everything miniatures wargaming thread

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Now my Inquisitor is done, and all the guys based:

Top row, left to right:
Arco-Flagellant (for mindless close combat, just release his inhibitors and trigger the aggrostim)
Acolyte (the Inquisitor's apprentice)
Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus (Witch Hunters)
Chirurgeon (an excellent physician, he can keep you alive much longer than you thought possible)
Scribe (thoughtfully enhanced on the Inquisitor's orders so the scribe doesn't have to waste time on mundane matters like bathroom breaks or conventional meals)

Bottom row, left to right:
Death Cult Assassin (for subtle application of violence)
Preacher ("Imperial Dogma is my passion")
Veteran Imperial Guard Sergeant (conventional combat)
Crusader (defending the Inquisitor)
Pyro-Assistant (excels at a single but vital function of the Inquisition)

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

So I had a date over and she saw my Wars of the Roses army which I keep on a shelf. Her comment: "I'm fairly easily impressed, and right now I'm not impressed."  :lol: :lol: :cry: :lol:

Sophie Scholl

Wow. Did you thank her for her time and show her the door? That's a pretty shitty thing to say.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 14, 2021, 01:13:38 PM
Wow. Did you thank her for her time and show her the door? That's a pretty shitty thing to say.

Dude, she was hot af. Plus there was zero malice.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on February 14, 2021, 09:32:48 AM
So I had a date over and she saw my Wars of the Roses army which I keep on a shelf. Her comment: "I'm fairly easily impressed, and right now I'm not impressed."  :lol: :lol: :cry: :lol:

At which point she showed you photos of her miniature 5th Century Greek Hoplites that were much more immaculately painted?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2021, 01:46:59 PM

At which point she showed you photos of her miniature 5th Century Greek Hoplites that were much more immaculately painted?

No. :(

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on February 14, 2021, 01:49:15 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2021, 01:46:59 PM

No. :(

Just as well.  Playing a 5th Century Greek Hoplite army against a Wars of the Roses army would have ruined the date.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on February 14, 2021, 01:24:49 PM

Did the rest of the date go well? And are you seeing her again?

The Brain

Quote from: Jacob on February 23, 2021, 01:34:39 PM
Quote from: The Brain on February 14, 2021, 01:24:49 PM

Did the rest of the date go well? And are you seeing her again?

I saw her a few times. But we both reached the conclusion that, even if we shared some important... tastes... we really had little in common otherwise, and parted ways amicably.

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on February 23, 2021, 01:41:31 PM
I saw her a few times. But we both reached the conclusion that, even if we shared some important... tastes... we really had little in common otherwise, and parted ways amicably.

To next time :cheers:

In the meantime, you can paint more minis.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on February 23, 2021, 01:41:31 PMI saw her a few times. But we both reached the conclusion that, even if we shared some important... tastes... we really had little in common otherwise, and parted ways amicably.

For next time:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

:lol: That's why I don't paint facial features on 28mm figures. Unless it is an actual deranged prostitute mini.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on February 23, 2021, 04:10:28 PM
:lol: That's why I don't paint facial features on 28mm figures. Unless it is an actual deranged prostitute mini.
Is that a typical mini in your collection?   :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 24, 2021, 11:52:56 PM
Quote from: The Brain on February 23, 2021, 04:10:28 PM
Is that a typical mini in your collection?   :unsure:

No, it's a minority.