Health care reform to be approved at 90% by Senate and House

Started by viper37, March 09, 2010, 12:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Rush Limbaugh announced he will quit the country and move to Costa Rica if Obama's health care plan is approved.
Right leaning Democrats and most of the Republicans will soon announce they have revised their position on the bill and will approve it ASAP.  ;)
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201003080033
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Perhaps we'll finally stop hearing all the republican hysteria about this!  They'll no doubt find some other 'death panel' fake debate to get outraged about.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Darth Wagtaros

I want Rush to move to Costa Rica.  He'll be closer to his suppliers.
PDH!

Berkut

Quote from: Grallon on March 09, 2010, 12:56:07 PM
Perhaps we'll finally stop hearing all the republican hysteria about this!  They'll no doubt find some other 'death panel' fake debates to get outraged about.  <_<
G.

What is really funny is that I think the non-republicans have gone on about "death panels" at something like a 15,000:1 ratio to republicans. Talk about a red herring.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

What is really funny, Rush Limbaugh got his heart surgery performed when he was on Hawaii, and that was done by their socialized healthcare. He should have refused on principle.

Caliga

Hawaii has socialized medicine?  I thought only Massachusetts has attempted that on a statewide level.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on March 09, 2010, 01:16:25 PM
Hawaii has socialized medicine?

No. They have employer-mandated health insurance.

Edit: Check it out--

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/17/health/policy/17hawaii.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on March 09, 2010, 12:58:08 PM
What is really funny is that I think the non-republicans have gone on about "death panels" at something like a 15,000:1 ratio to republicans. Talk about a red herring.
Red herring?  :huh:

I think you need to look up that phrase again.  It doesn't mean what you think it means.

Other posters on Languish have referred to tackling people (or Marti tackling people) at a 15,000:1 ratio to Marti talking about it.  That doesn't make it a "red herring."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Fate

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on March 09, 2010, 01:31:38 PM
Other posters on Languish have referred to tackling people (or Marti tackling people) at a 15,000:1 ratio to Marti talking about it.  That doesn't make it a "red herring."

Not quite that high a ratio yet, but maybe eventually.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

So where's the part about 90% of the House & Senate voting for the health care reform bill? :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Sadly radio waves can cross international boundaries so this really does not provide the incentive it ought to,
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson