Ahmadinejad Calls 9/11 ‘A Big Lie’

Started by jimmy olsen, March 06, 2010, 10:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:tinfoil: What A wackjob.

QuoteMarch 6, 2010, 1:06 pm
Ahmadinejad Calls 9/11 'A Big Fabrication'
By ROBERT MACKEY

Perhaps concerned that his repeated suggestions that the Holocaust might not have happened have become less shocking over time, Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad upped the ante on Saturday, telling intelligence officials in Tehran that the destruction of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001 was staged.

In remarks reported by IRNA, an official Iranian news agency, and translated by Reuters, Mr. Ahmadinejad said, "The September 11 incident was a big fabrication as a pretext for the campaign against terrorism and a prelude for staging an invasion against Afghanistan." Mr. Ahmadinejad also reportedly described the attacks in New York as a "complicated intelligence scenario and act." Conspiracy theorists in the Middle East have suggested that the attacks were not the work of Al Qaeda, but carried out by Israeli or American intelligence operatives.

In a speech during Iran's annual anti-Israel day in September, Mr. Ahmadinejad said of the Holocaust, "The pretext for the creation of the Zionist regime is false." He added: "It is a lie based on an unprovable and mythical claim."

Mr. Ahamdinejad's claims come at the end of a week in which Radovan Karadzic, the former leader of Bosnia's Serbs, told a war crimes tribunal in the Hague that both the siege of Sarajevo and the massacre at Srebrenica were "myths," and a mentally ill gunman from California, who had written that he was interested in "establishing the truth of events such as the September 11 demolitions," opened fire at the Pentagon.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Darth Wagtaros

Only terrorist sympathizers use the word invasion. 

PDH!

Zanza

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2010, 10:32:46 PM

By ROBERT MACKEY

Perhaps concerned that his repeated suggestions that the Holocaust might not have happened have become less shocking over time, Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad upped the ante on Saturday, telling intelligence officials in Tehran that the destruction of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001 was staged.

In remarks reported by IRNA, an official Iranian news agency, and translated by Reuters, Mr. Ahmadinejad said, "The September 11 incident was a big fabrication as a pretext for the campaign against terrorism and a prelude for staging an invasion against Afghanistan." Mr. Ahmadinejad also reportedly described the attacks in New York as a "complicated intelligence scenario and act." Conspiracy theorists in the Middle East have suggested that the attacks were not the work of Al Qaeda, but carried out by Israeli or American intelligence operatives.

In a speech during Iran's annual anti-Israel day in September, Mr. Ahmadinejad said of the Holocaust, "The pretext for the creation of the Zionist regime is false." He added: "It is a lie based on an unprovable and mythical claim."

Mr. Ahamdinejad's claims come at the end of a week in which Radovan Karadzic, the former leader of Bosnia's Serbs, told a war crimes tribunal in the Hague that both the siege of Sarajevo and the massacre at Srebrenica were "myths," and a mentally ill gunman from California, who had written that he was interested in "establishing the truth of events such as the September 11 demolitions," opened fire at the Pentagon.
What a remarkably crappy story!  What kind of reporter uses "remarks reported by IRNA" and "also reportedly described" and then adds something about what "Conspiracy theorists in the Middle East have suggested" as evidence?

Real reporters (and reports) wait for Ahmadinejad to actually say stupid shit (which he reliably does) and don't report what he allegedly said to intelligence officials, as confirmed by conspiracy theorists.

I call shenanigans.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Let it be know here and now that Grumbler defends Ahmadinejad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 AM
Let it be know here and now that Grumbler defends Ahmadinejad.
I suppose that simple people can read it that way.  That is certainly okay with me, so "let it be know here and now" for the simple.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: grumbler on March 07, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
What a remarkably crappy story!  What kind of reporter uses "remarks reported by IRNA" and "also reportedly described" and then adds something about what "Conspiracy theorists in the Middle East have suggested" as evidence?

Real reporters (and reports) wait for Ahmadinejad to actually say stupid shit (which he reliably does) and don't report what he allegedly said to intelligence officials, as confirmed by conspiracy theorists.

I call shenanigans.
I call poor reading comprehension.

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2010, 10:32:46 PM

By ROBERT MACKEY

I call shenanigans.

Are you making a joke here (calling IRNA an "intelligence agency" rather a "news agency") or have you not understood the story? He said it in an interview. It may come as a shock to you, but news agencies often report what some politician said to other news agencies - they do not always report only what was said directly to them.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2010, 01:10:29 AM

I call shenanigans.
I call poor reading comprehension.

That's not the first case of this from grumbler this weekend. I wonder if he is posting while drunk.

Josquius

Meh, he's a dictator now, the gates are open and he knows he can say whatever he wants/
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on March 07, 2010, 09:45:33 AM
Meh, he's a dictator now, the gates are open and he knows he can say whatever he wants/

:huh: He's still a teacher.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on March 07, 2010, 12:17:49 PM

:huh: He's still a teacher.

:D

CountDeMoney

I don't think grumbler's got tenure yet, but I may be wrong.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on March 07, 2010, 06:11:53 AM
Are you making a joke here (calling IRNA an "intelligence agency" rather a "news agency") or have you not understood the story? He said it in an interview. It may come as a shock to you, but news agencies often report what some politician said to other news agencies - they do not always report only what was said directly to them.
Are you making a joke, here?  I never called IRNA an intelligence agency.  Did you read my post?  Did you read the story?  He allegedly said this "telling intelligence officials in Tehran," not to IRNA.  News agencies using other news agencies as sources is old hat, but announcing things that are "reportedly said" is weak, and bringing in the conspiracy therists as evidence is unprofessional and not news at all.  Speculating that Ahmadenijad's mative was that he was "perhaps concerned that his repeated suggestions that the Holocaust might not have happened have become less shocking over time" is something I would expect of the pinheads here at Languish, not some supposedly objective reporter.  I suspect that the reason Timmay didn't include the source is that the source isn't a news report at all.  It smells like a blog.

Bayraktar!