News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Don't do it CdM. You will spend countless annoying hours of punching the counters out, then you will reorganize your entire living space in order to accomodate the maps, then you will spend half a day setting the game up. Then when you will be ready to start, you will realize you lack time, space, and energy to play it, and pack it all up and never take an other look at it.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on June 21, 2009, 04:01:18 AM
You will spend countless annoying hours of punching the counters out, then you will reorganize your entire living space in order to accomodate the maps, then you will spend half a day setting the game up. Then when you will be ready to start,

That's not the CdM way.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on June 21, 2009, 04:01:18 AM
Don't do it CdM. You will spend countless annoying hours of punching the counters out, then you will reorganize your entire living space in order to accomodate the maps, then you will spend half a day setting the game up. Then when you will be ready to start, you will realize you lack time, space, and energy to play it, and pack it all up and never take an other look at it.

:lol: I usually don't get that far.

CountDeMoney

Thanks for stopping me, people.  <_<

Order shipped.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2009, 04:58:57 PM

Order shipped.
Would you really have listened to anything we said?

Hell you'd probably decide to do the opposite of whatever I said.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 22, 2009, 05:03:53 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2009, 04:58:57 PM

Order shipped.
Would you really have listened to anything we said?

Hell you'd probably decide to do the opposite of whatever I said.

I can't lie.  WE HAS TO HAVE IT.

Bought the expansion kit, too.  :Embarrass:

Habbaku

The problem with such a game is that you know, by mere virtue of its size, that it has never been playtested more than once or twice--and both times by the designer, rather than someone objectively judging it for game quirks.  I can't buy a game where there is not even a pretense of quality-control involved.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2009, 05:10:34 PM
The problem with such a game is that you know, by mere virtue of its size, that it has never been playtested more than once or twice--and both times by the designer, rather than someone objectively judging it for game quirks.  I can't buy a game where there is not even a pretense of quality-control involved.

Some of the chinks in the armor have been exposed on CSW.  But, in the end, I just needed it.

CountDeMoney

Now, thinking about it, my head hurts just thinking about all the ASL stuff I could've bought instead.

Habbaku

And how that stuff is actually playable PBEM/Vassal.   ;)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Don't worry, though.  Judging by all the other monster games that I own and have never played ( DAK 2, Case Blue, etc.) the resale value is going to be pretty good.  Hell, I bought both DAK 2 and CB on a lark and they're already profitable, if I were to sell them.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2009, 05:22:20 PM

Those things never concern him
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2009, 05:23:20 PM
Don't worry, though.  Judging by all the other monster games that I own and have never played ( DAK 2, Case Blue, etc. the resale value is going to be pretty good.  Hell, I bought both DAK 2 and CB on a lark and they're already profitable, if I were to sell them.

Yeah, this was the last of the "Must Haves" on my list that I went crazy with the last year. 
Now, I'm pretty much sated until "Where Eagles Dare" comes out.

The only thing to do now is 1) keep up with the OCS releases that interest me as they come along, and 2) jump into ASL, which I never did.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on June 22, 2009, 05:25:36 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2009, 05:22:20 PM

Those things never concern him

Shush yo mouf.