News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 10, 2009, 08:59:16 AM
Jesus, that is some weak ass shit right there Tamas. What happened to Empire of the Sun?

Out of stock :P Plus I want to test it on CB first. :P

Britannia, Conq. of Paradise and Battlestar Galactica are games I actually have a chance to play face to face (as i mentioned it on old languish, I am also thinking about GMing a Languish session of BSG), the rest are solitaire games except for Fatal Attraction which is a game about Gallipoli so I simply must have it.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on June 10, 2009, 08:51:19 AM
My currently planned humble $193 shopping list from Boulder. :blush:

AGAINST THE ODDS DELUXE #20: A FATAL ATTRACTION (LPS)
BRITANNIA (Fantasy Flight)
CONQUEST OF PARADISE (GMT)
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Fantasy Flight)
FIELD COMMANDER: ALEXANDER (DVG)
FIELD COMMANDER: ROMMEL (DVG)

Plus, when I last ordered from Boulder Games, there was a ziplock baggie in the box with about 4 pieces of candy in it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 10, 2009, 10:43:35 AM

Plus, when I last ordered from Boulder Games, there was a ziplock baggie in the box with about 4 pieces of candy in it.

:lol: yes I have ordered from them a couple of times and every time there were these candies.

Tamas

Tamas

Well, that alexander game went out of stock by the time I arrived home, and checking some other stuff, comparing prices with Hungarian offerings, the following order has been made to Boulder:

SPACE ALERT (Rio Grande)
BRITANNIA (Fantasy Flight)
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Fantasy Flight)
CONQUEST OF PARADISE (GMT)
BLACKBEARD: THE GOLDEN AGE OF PIRACY (2008 ed.) (GMT)

Shipping is almost as much as the games themselves, but I am still somewhat ahead than having these bought from Hungarian shops, not to mention that they don't even carry GMT titles. 

frunk

Space Alert is pretty fun.  Far too easy with 5 people who know what they are doing, try it with 3 or 4.

Oexmelin

Let us know how Blackbeard plays, please.
Que le grand cric me croque !

saskganesh

Brittania is pretty fun.
humans were created in their own image

Hansmeister

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 10, 2009, 04:08:21 PM
Let us know how Blackbeard plays, please.

I have Blackbeard, never played it though.  One of these days I have to play that, Pax Britannica, and Viceroys.

Caliga

Quote from: saskganesh on June 11, 2009, 02:17:54 PM
Brittania is pretty fun.
As in the old game (AH did a version, but it was a remake of someone else's) of Britain from the Roman Invasion to 1066?  I love that game.  I have the AH version plus some newer one that is slightly different, and with much better graphics.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on June 11, 2009, 07:33:13 PM
Brittania is pretty fun.
As in the old game (AH did a version, but it was a remake of someone else's) of Britain from the Roman Invasion to 1066?  I love that game.  I have the AH version plus some newer one that is slightly different, and with much better graphics.

I already have Hispania and Italia, love them. I figured I can make my friends play Italia, but I will sure as hell have an easier time with Britannia, hence the purchase.

Delirium

I recently got rid of Blackbeard, played it once, not as fun as 20 years ago, nostalgia lasted five minutes.

Much the same can be said of Britannia. I'd much rather play the old version. Still holding on to my copy of FF's, and played it a few times, but it takes too much time for my regular friends and is much too simple for my gamer friends.

In general, I am more particular about which beer 'n pretzel games I buy these days.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

saskganesh

Quote from: Caliga on June 11, 2009, 07:33:13 PM
Brittania is pretty fun.

yeah. FFG has the rights now.

a PC version of HOTW (the same system) is available via abandonware btw: http://www.cdosabandonware.com/std_games_details.php?gameid=635
humans were created in their own image

CountDeMoney

So...I've been sitting here a while today, debating...mouse prompt on the trigger...drop a few hundred dollars on Decision Games' War In The Pacific.

Cons: I'll probably never play it.  30% of the globe  It's bigger than my living room and dining room, combined.  9,000+ counters. The Pacific theater on company level, for fuck's sake.

Pros: I really, really want it.  Oh God, do I want it.

Result: Push.

Somebody stop me, or talk me into it.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2009, 07:45:30 PM

Somebody stop me, or talk me into it.
Is this the update of the SPI game?  Mile high stacks of counters in China?  Lucky to every even get through one turn?

Jesus, there are some memories there...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM