News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on April 29, 2010, 03:19:35 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on April 29, 2010, 03:16:40 PM
Wow, nice income guller.
I discovered the secret of ... monopolies.

Yeah, I am thinking Free Trade is the suckers move. Yeah, I get tons of merchants that I have to manage while everyone else holes up in their monopolized COTs!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Free Trade is for the Dutch.  Anyone with >3-4 centers under their control should probably go Mercantilist.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Free trade is good early game but once all of the CoTs are player owned you aren't likely to get into them even with full free tarde.

Berkut

Great. Habs, make sure you modify the save game and move to me to full Mercantilism then.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on April 29, 2010, 03:32:16 PM
Free Trade is for the Dutch.  Anyone with >3-4 centers under their control should probably go Mercantilist.

So I did manage to convince you about that.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on April 29, 2010, 03:42:15 PM

:huh:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on April 29, 2010, 04:01:55 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 29, 2010, 03:42:15 PM

:huh:

In our last game I told how mercantilism reign supreme when you have several CoTs of your own and you were all "free trade rulez"

katmai

Sorry guys all I can say is
Location scouting for film three hours from town
Stephen King
& Kurt Russell

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on April 30, 2010, 12:38:52 AM
In our last game I told how mercantilism reign supreme when you have several CoTs of your own and you were all "free trade rulez"

I fail to see how my statement that "free trade rulez" is made any less relevant by the fact that mercantilism is useful when you own several CoTs.  If you do not have several CoTs, then free trade does "rulez."  If you do, then mercantilism is generally better--especially if you're a high-Infamy country.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

:rolleyes: you generally was against mercantilism then. It's okay not even you can figure out all the stuff right from the get-go :P

Habbaku

:huh:  Generally-speaking, mercantilism is not the way to go.  You stand to gain far more from being free trade and spamming 5 merchants in every CoT while keeping your Infamy low than you do monopolizing one or two centers.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

I'm game for that.  Presumably, we'd have the same group minus Katmai plus Alci and SBR, right?  That leaves us with 8, which is a pretty good number.

If no one is opposed, I suggest we list our preferences for nation.  My own is to take Russia.

-J. R. R. Tolkien