News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I think my income might have actually gone down during that session.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I know mine did.  I lost most of my prestige at the very end of the session due to the cores in the Balkans being lost.  My infamy is also too high so I'm losing a lot of trade income due to being competed out.  That should be corrected next session...

Here's the file :

http://www.mediafire.com/?2yn1mkiyomn
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2010, 11:43:46 PM
I think my income might have actually gone down during that session.
I've been very surprised to see that.  I expected you to get even to me in that department by about this point in the game, and certainly not go backwards relative to me.

DGuller

Well, I see one big mistake you made that accounts for a lot it.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2010, 11:56:47 PM

Do share.

0 rows returned

JonasSalk

Hey Russia, it's nice to see you're half-retarded.  5 magistrates and you're not building canals or post offices anywhere.  Good job.  You wanna give me Karelia and Kexholm?  Finns need to be united with their brothers until they become Swedish.
Yuman

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2010, 12:17:22 AM

Do share.

Hint : It's yellow-gold and sits on the northern half of a subcontinent.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2010, 12:17:22 AM

Do share.
Adam Smith.  Why in the world would you not take that NI?

Berkut

Ahhh, isn't that the one that increases production?

My production is a tiny fraction of my income. My income comes from taxes, tariffs, and trade.

0 rows returned

Kleves

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 22, 2010, 12:17:39 AM
Hey Russia, it's nice to see you're half-retarded.  5 magistrates and you're not building canals or post offices anywhere.  Good job.  You wanna give me Karelia and Kexholm?  Finns need to be united with their brothers until they become Swedish.
Only half-retarded? :yeahright:

In any event, I did not see all of these provinces suffering from a lack of mail and gondolas. If they exist, I will attempt to remedy this deficiency. Though it does not matter much, because the vast majority of Russians are unable to read, or to operate anything as complex as a gondola...
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Kleves

Now, why is Constitutional Monarchy better than Administrative Monarchy? Is it simply the improved prestige, or is there something else?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

Quote from: Kleves on April 22, 2010, 08:01:18 AM
Now, why is Constitutional Monarchy better than Administrative Monarchy? Is it simply the improved prestige, or is there something else?

Removes the constraint on centralization as well.

0 rows returned

Kleves

Berkut

That reminds me - I switched to Con Mon this turn, so that nailed my prod tech some more as well.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2010, 07:55:13 AM
Ahhh, isn't that the one that increases production?

My production is a tiny fraction of my income. My income comes from taxes, tariffs, and trade.

Tariffs = production = tariffs...

-J. R. R. Tolkien