BREAKING: Vermont legalizes same-sex marriage

Started by Caliga, April 07, 2009, 11:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 08:07:33 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on April 09, 2009, 07:43:42 AM
A storm is coming, our storm, and when it arrives it will shake the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp76ly2_NoI

The freedom to treat gays like second class citizens is being threatened :(
Nothing can stop me from treating gays like second-class citizens.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 08:12:55 AM

Neil is a powerful force for liberty.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 08:16:40 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 08:12:55 AM

Neil is a powerful force for liberty.
Those who deserve it will be given liberty.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2009, 08:48:52 AM
THE DOOR'S WIDE OPEN!

Not really, but there is certainly an obvious sense of inevitability about this.

I've always thought that the result was inevitable - but now it is obviously so.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Faeelin

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 08:07:33 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on April 09, 2009, 07:43:42 AM
A storm is coming, our storm, and when it arrives it will shake the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp76ly2_NoI

The freedom to treat gays like second class citizens is being threatened :(

I'm trying to figure out if it's a good ad, by saying "We're not against gay marriage, we're against them destroying our churches" or if it's so over the top that it's ridiculous.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on April 09, 2009, 11:17:12 AM
I'm trying to figure out if it's a good ad, by saying "We're not against gay marriage, we're against them destroying our churches" or if it's so over the top that it's ridiculous.

That narrative fails when the Massachusetts mom says she is upset that she has to watch public schools teach her children that gay marriage is okay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I doubt it.  They called the Vermont vote a black day in the history of Vermont, if they were pro gay marriage why would they say that?  Allowing Gays to be married does not end marriage anymore but it does seem to end freedom of religion.  All will be forced to worship at the chapel of gay.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 11:30:51 AM

I doubt it.  They called the Vermont vote a black day in the history of Vermont, if they were pro gay marriage why would they say that?  Allowing Gays to be married does not end marriage anymore but it does seem to end freedom of religion.  All will be forced to worship at the chapel of gay.
To be fair, that's exactly what has happened in Europe.  It's not totally unreasonable that the Christ loonies would be afraid.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 11:32:55 AMTo be fair, that's exactly what has happened in Europe.  It's not totally unreasonable that the Christ loonies would be afraid.

Nah Christ lost out in Europe when all the churches fucked themselves by jumping in bed with Nazis and Fascists.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 11:33:54 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 11:32:55 AMTo be fair, that's exactly what has happened in Europe.  It's not totally unreasonable that the Christ loonies would be afraid.

Nah Christ lost out in Europe when all the churches fucked themselves by jumping in bed with Nazis and Fascists.
To some degree.  Then again, the Nazis and Fascists were right:  Communism must be destroyed at any cost.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Berkut on April 09, 2009, 08:52:02 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2009, 08:48:52 AM
THE DOOR'S WIDE OPEN!
I've always thought that the result was inevitable - but now it is obviously so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2s2R5qKhbo

Iowa Senate Leader Mike Gronstal:
QuoteOne of my daughters was in the workplace one day, and her particular workplace at that moment in time, there were a whole bunch of conservative, older men. And those guys were talking about gay marriage. They were talking about discussions going on across the country. And my daughter Kate, after listening for about 20 minutes, said to them: 'You guys don't understand. You've already lost. My generation doesn't care.' I think I learned something from my daughter that day, when she said that.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Faeelin

Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 11:35:07 AM
To some degree.  Then again, the Nazis and Fascists were right:  Communism must be destroyed at any cost.

And, of course, did more than anyone else to make it as threatening and powerful as it was.