How much do you spend (per person) on a night out?

Started by Martinus, March 05, 2010, 03:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much do you spend, on average (per person, if you are paying for other people too), on a typical night out?

up to $10
2 (5.9%)
$10-$25
9 (26.5%)
$25-$50
15 (44.1%)
$50-$100
5 (14.7%)
over $100
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Martinus

So, assume you are going on a date or to hang out with your friends on a Friday or a Saturday night. What would be the average amount of money you spend (if you are paying for your date too, calculate it per person, rather than a total for two) on stuff like drinks, food, entertainment etc.

Monoriu

Dinner for two is usually around US$25-50.  On a per person basis that's less than US$25.  When we go out there are usually no other expenses.  Voted $10-25.

Richard Hakluyt

Depends, a trip to the pub or cinema will come into one category, whilst if one has a meal as well it will be in the higher one. I'll vote for the lower one since those trips are theoretically more common.

The Brain

Over $100. Taxi, food, drink... $100 won't get you far.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadBurgerMaker

Eh.  $50 - $100 per person normally (closer to the $100 ugh), although it can go higher depending on what's going on and all that.

Edit:  Oh yeah, if using cabs, it gets a lot higher than that.  :glare:

Thinking about it now, dinner will usually be around $100 total for the wife and I, then just go from there.  A movie maybe....I dunno, $20?  Goddamn ripoff whatever it is.   Drinks after the movie, around $75 - $100 for the two of us, depending on where we go and what we get, I guess.  Add on miscellaneous charges here and there, because there's always something.  Maybe buy a round for some friends that you run in to, snag some smokes for the first time in two months because you just can't quite entirely quit.  Things like that. 

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Personally, I'm in the upper end of the $25-50 bracket.

Tamas

A regular night out with friends can be easily done under $25 per person.

The Brain

Tamas

The Brain

Tamas

Habbaku

Depends on the activity, really.  Dinner + movie with friends will end up in the lower-end of $25-50 bracket, but a change of restaurant can bring it up to the $40 range, easy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain