Anus bar opens in Vienna. Also: visit the dismembered female torso "BikiniBar"

Started by Syt, March 05, 2010, 01:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Around_the_World/2010-03-02/9294/Bottoms_up_

Quotehttp://bottoms up

Marija Andric

At some point, everyone's been in a bar they thought should be called the backside of the world.

But modern artist Joep van Lieshout has gone one better to create the BarRectum at an exhibition in the Austrian capital Vienna.

The building - based on a huge human anus - is part of a series of shocking sculptures on show by the Dutch oddball.

Others include a tourist kiosk in the shape of a human sperm and a nightclub shaped like a decapitated female torso wearing a bikini.

"I'm not sure I'd be that keen on going up the rectum for a quick drink but it's an interesting idea," said one art lover.

"Arschbar" (Assbar)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

It says a lot about Hitler's artistic talent that he was rejected by the Viennese.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on March 05, 2010, 01:29:51 AM
Personally, I find this hillarious. But that's probably just me.

In a way, like watching Timmay trying to spell his way out of a wet fetus bag.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

Josquius

Rather :bleeding: but that it is in genuinly lovely Vienna is rather amusing. Contrasts...goota love 'em
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on March 05, 2010, 06:57:14 AM
Rather :bleeding: but that it is in genuinly lovely Vienna is rather amusing. Contrasts...goota love 'em

The Museum für Moderne Kunst (MuMoK - Museum of Modern Art) has such external installations on occasion. My favorite was "House Attack".

—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2010, 10:29:42 AM
Suddenly I'm a little less embarrassed by the MegaJesus of I-75.

I never was. Big Butter Jesus rocks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive