News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My power went out except for Comms.

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, March 04, 2010, 11:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

I was watching Teh CSI, and all my lights went out. Tv still on, internet, phone, anything plugged onto my communications area, or "The Bridge" as I like to call it :p :nerd:

So it's dark except for two warm LCD glows.

My landlady who lives upstairs is in Australia. I called her friend, a neighbour lady, and she checked the breakers upstairs, like the ones in my room, they seemed fine. :huh: So maybe an electrician will fix it while I'm at work tomorrow. D&D night, Friday, so I won't know if it's fixed till like 10 pm tomorrow.

oh appliances seem fine too, despite lights being out in kitchen.

:weird:
:p

Cerr

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 04, 2010, 11:38:11 PM
I was watching Teh CSI, and all my lights went out. Tv still on, internet, phone, anything plugged onto my communications area, or "The Bridge" as I like to call it :p :nerd:

So it's dark except for two warm LCD glows.

My landlady who lives upstairs is in Australia. I called her friend, a neighbour lady, and she checked the breakers upstairs, like the ones in my room, they seemed fine. :huh: So maybe an electrician will fix it while I'm at work tomorrow. D&D night, Friday, so I won't know if it's fixed till like 10 pm tomorrow.

oh appliances seem fine too, despite lights being out in kitchen.

:weird:
Sounds like the circuit breaker/fuze for the lights went. Lights are usually on a seperate one. That's why your wall sockets are still working.

Grey Fox

Half of the main breaker must be dieing out.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

All wrong... turned out that the power was off halfway next door too, and a few places across the street as all of a sudden right at the end of CSI all the power went out and I saw some flashing lights in my window.

went outside, there was a BC Hydro (Electric company to non Canucks) guy in a crane shutting off the transformer, as there was a live wire on the sidewalk that had blown up and off the transformer. The guy shut stuff off at the end of his 16 hour shift!

and we had to wait until after 2 am before they finished replacing the transformer... had to wait for the night shift I guess.

Rather than sit in the dark (all my candles were packed away in a box of course) all alone, I went over to work then hung out with a co-worker at his nearby place, shooting the breeze til about 12:30. I came home tried to sleep. fell asleep just after the truck left and my power was on, woke up to flashing digital clocks all over my apartment.
:p