We have a Thumper down, repeat we have a Thumper down.

Started by Darth Wagtaros, March 04, 2010, 04:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

One of my x4500 Thumpers's has a fried OS.  Should have used ZFS as the file system instead of UFS, but I did what the vendor said was best.  Now we have a Thumper down. 

I should have put Windows on the damn thing.  Sure ZFS is awesomeness, but at least then I'd know how to recover the fucking thing.
PDH!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Next time I spring for Gold or Platinum support from Sun (or is it Oracle support now?).  I call and leave a voicemail and I get a call back anywhere from 3 -24 hours later with Silver support.  Not good when it's a production system.

I'd have been happier if a hard drive died.  SOmeone would have been out in a couple of hours days ago.

LibBambi is still up and running though!
PDH!

Josquius

I thought this was going to say you keep getting loads of worms lately.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

I went to an IT security conference today. This guy showed a bot construction kit that's very popular among the script kiddy. Thing looked pretty fun actually.  It also included a spybot scanner that seems to be about as accurate as any commercial product.
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Boot archive is definately toast.  Now begins the long and agonizing re-installation process.
PDH!