News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crippling hatred of Yankeedom

Started by Lettow77, March 04, 2010, 05:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Not many people here will have sympathy, but I am sometimes struck by an absolute trembling hatred for the north. I have a midterm in six hours and all I can think of is damnyankees and the degree to which they are insufferable. Some word or phrase I read (Invariably from Massachusetts, against whom I declare a lifetime intifada) will irritate me past reason, and I will be unable to think objectively, or think of anything else at all.

I really love the South more than anything else. I am trying to serve her here on campus. If I can not do more, it is not from a want of dedication, but due to deficiencies as a servant. Social anxiety and the natural inclination torward leisure and repose any good Southerner must embrace make it hard to be a driven man.

My roommate is sleeping with his girlfriend not twelve feet from me. I have known them both for a long time, and they are my two best friends. That even such people should know such happiness while the South languishes feels wrong. I wish my missus were here- She would understand, and she would become flushed with anger. It really is good not to feel this way alone.

It is not that I think the north is particularly despicable. There could be worse masters; Russia springs to mind. But, it is yankees who have plagued the South since its very inception, no one else. We never should have gone into this union. A handshake is binding with an honest man, but no contract is truly binding with a liar. Damnyankees are dishonest by their nature, a deceptive, avaricious and ambitious people with no concept of honour, and no constitutional restraint could ever be expected to compel them. Our mistake was making a covenent with thieves, and trusting in word of law.

I become so maddeningly incensed every once in awhile, but it has happened recently. Last  thursday, there was a civil rights conference, and I attended, because I want to give everyone a fair hearing; I have visited every political conference on campus, even the LGBT alliance stuff. But hearing that man disparage fair Mississippi irked me so. One said that he was still afraid to drive through my beloved state at night; the other, a new york yankee and harvard (of course! massachusetts again!) graduate, spoke of how he did not even speak with the white community of Mississippi in the 1950-60s, instead disrupting their society, leading people to starvation, coercing illiterates, dividing our community, without even so much as a dialogue. He avoided whites absolutely, except to go the courthouse. Contemptible coward! interloper!

I wrote a journal of my thoughts to give to a professor, who asked for a journal on every political event we happened to go to. She is such a noble lady, a french emigre, a rare existing huguenot, who majored in polish studies. I admire her immensely, but I cant help but wonder what she will think of me when she reads it. I handed it in today- she's going to think I am insane, I fear, or a white supremacist. I have tried unsuccessfully to reach out to our coloured community; secession holds little promise to them. I despair of ever getting a meaningful coloured membership in the league of the south, although I will continue to try. 

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tamas

The Larch

Viking

I like how "Civil Rights" = "Evil Yankeedom"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Viking, the South has its sins. We have never had the luxury of believing we were above them; City Upon a Hill thinking is for damnyankees.

I believe the South has an appallingly corrupt justice system, certaintly worse than the north's, even today. There's too much good ole boy nizzerdry. The Sheriff knows the Judge and this trial was over before it started, that sort of thing. Arkansas police senselessly beat to death a convenience store owner I personally knew as a wonderful man when he asked that a man not be hassled by police on his property.

The way the South treated its coloured community was terrible. However, the north used the compulsion of force and pulled the rug out from under my nation against its will, again, and thats despicable. Wrong or not, we have a right to govern our own affairs. In an independent South I promise you i'd champion civil rights. But when yankees speak so evilly of my nation, and they make it a matter of standing by the South or standing for civil rights, there is no choice at all. I am with the South in all things under outside criticism and unlawful overthrow. The north should be allowed to persue whatever grotesque policies its citizens desire; I only wish the South's states the same right.

Yankees are always trying to re-mold the South's in their own image. Their actions in the war amount to a genocide, and they have since made serious efforts (and progress!) in the colonization of the South. 

( Also, I am so sick of hearing about 'our' pilgrim forefathers. )

Edit: and another thing! Its the way the South is so reviled! I hate yankees, but millions of northerners scorn us, insult us, look down on us, some even saying they wish we were out of the union, not being worthy of their sight. These people mean that.

You find sentiments like that here, of course, and that's what brought it to mind. That the South remains chained to such a condescending people who are openly hostile to them galls extremely.

The Brain

I certainly agree that the yankee subset of Americans is despicable.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

I'm pretty sure the constitution trumps state law.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Its the 21st century. You're all yankees now.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on March 04, 2010, 05:33:31 AM
Its the 21st century. You're all yankees now.

I like how if Lettow goes to latin america he'll be hated, for being a Yankee.

Lettow77

Tyr, that is incredible news to everyone I know down here. Nobody is a foaming at the mouth secessionist; the people of Tennessee love their union with a greater intensity than new england ever will or could. However, most have a bad word to say about yankees. Those who do not are too polite, or are idealistic and come from a rural society, never having met one and assuming the criticism is unfair.

Nobody would call themselves a yankee, and all have a clear idea of what it means. Calling them yankees would confuse, amuse, or anger, depending on the disposition of the individual in particular.

Zanza

If you say "Yankee" in Germany, that is pejorative. However, no one will associate New Yorkers or Harvard graduates with that term, but rather biblethumping pro-military rednecks from the South.

Viking

Quote from: Zanza on March 04, 2010, 05:41:29 AM
If you say "Yankee" in Germany, that is pejorative. However, no one will associate New Yorkers or Harvard graduates with that term, but rather biblethumping pro-military rednecks from the South.

The God of Irony approves of your post.

DisturbedPervert

It is a bit confusing and annoying that all Americans are 'Yanks' to a lot of foreigners