News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New York airport jets 'directed by child'

Started by Savonarola, March 03, 2010, 12:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince

It's not that tough.  I mean by that age me and my friends could land a plane on an aircraft carrier. 

Caliga

So I'm guessing there will be an ATC job opening at JFK sometime in the near future. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on March 03, 2010, 01:20:10 PM
So I'm guessing there will be an ATC job opening at JFK sometime in the near future. :)

Two. The dad will probably be fired as well.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: Vince on March 03, 2010, 01:19:59 PM
It's not that tough.  I mean by that age me and my friends could land a plane on an aircraft carrier. 
Hey, good point.  I played the shit out of Kennedy Approach on the C64 as a kid.

WHERES MY ATC JERB

Jaron

It was IMPOSSIBLE to land on the carrier in Top Gun. It was like PULL UP! LEFT! RIGHT! UP!!!!!

and you would be like all level with the carrier and it'd show your jet blowing up in the middle of the ocean.  :yuk:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

ulmont

Quote from: Jaron on March 03, 2010, 01:27:34 PM
It was IMPOSSIBLE to land on the carrier in Top Gun. It was like PULL UP! LEFT! RIGHT! UP!!!!!

and you would be like all level with the carrier and it'd show your jet blowing up in the middle of the ocean.  :yuk:

I'm with Jaron on this.  No fucking way you were landing on the carrier in NES Top Gun.

See also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofM11nPzFo0

Razgovory

Quote from: Vince on March 03, 2010, 01:19:59 PM

I never could do that. :(  They'd give you a bunch of directions and at the end my plane would fall into the ocean.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Vince

Quote from: ulmont on March 03, 2010, 01:45:57 PM

I'm with Jaron on this.  No fucking way you were landing on the carrier in NES Top Gun.

See also:

Once you figured it out it wasn't that hard.  As long as you kept the plane nose all the way up with the altitude and speed in the parameters it said (like 200 I think) more often than not you didn't crash. 

Damn now I'm going to have to pull this up on my emulator and see I can still do it. 

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on March 03, 2010, 01:21:21 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 03, 2010, 01:20:10 PM

Two. The dad will probably be fired as well.
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

See also:
True. The Angry Video Game Nerd is almost always right.
PDH!

Drakken

Quote from: Vince on March 03, 2010, 02:01:03 PM

See also:

Once you figured it out it wasn't that hard.  As long as you kept the plane nose all the way up with the altitude and speed in the parameters it said (like 200 I think) more often than not you didn't crash. 

Damn now I'm going to have to pull this up on my emulator and see I can still do it.

The second level is much worse. I've never been able to get that goddamn fuel tank canal attached to my F14, and I always ended up short of gas and crashing in the ocean. :mad:

I mean, a USAF air fuel supplier leaving me up there without fuel to crash and die? WTF?!

Drakken

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 03, 2010, 03:31:03 PM

See also:
True. The Angry Video Game Nerd is almost always right.

Except for Deadly Towers. That game was the shitznit at age 8.

And I always kinda liked Friday the 13th. :unsure:

And TMNT. Man, how can you hate a TMNT game? That was awesome!

Jaron

Deadly Towers is an awful, HORRIBLE game.

TMNT and Friday the 13th were great.

ALL YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

I love the Angry Nintendo Nerd.  His Ghostbusters for NES review was a classic.  :cool:

Drakken

Quote from: Jaron on March 03, 2010, 05:55:08 PM
Deadly Towers is an awful, HORRIBLE game.

TMNT and Friday the 13th were great.

ALL YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD!

:lmfao: