News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Itunes and multimedia keyboard

Started by viper37, April 06, 2009, 02:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Does anybody know how to make the M$ multimedia work with Itunes ALL the time?  Right now, the keys only work when I have the focus on Itunes' window, wich is kinda annoying.

It worked fine with my previous Logitech kb, but alas, there was no drivers for Vista64 for that model.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: viper37 on April 06, 2009, 02:27:24 PM
Does anybody know how to make the M$ multimedia work with Itunes ALL the time?  Right now, the keys only work when I have the focus on Itunes' window, wich is kinda annoying.

It worked fine with my previous Logitech kb, but alas, there was no drivers for Vista64 for that model.
Not too familiar with the Vista kernel, but it seems it's a driver issue- that the buttons are working at all means they're included in the driver; maybe see if you can find a hacked DLL that gives the custom keys shell integration?
Experience bij!

viper37

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 06, 2009, 03:48:53 PM

Not too familiar with the Vista kernel, but it seems it's a driver issue- that the buttons are working at all means they're included in the driver; maybe see if you can find a hacked DLL that gives the custom keys shell integration?
Well, all I've read says it's working with the driver, nothing else necessary...

I'll dig into MSKB.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DontSayBanana

I wonder about that... Microsoft and Apple are still having the iTunes vs. Zune wars, so I can't see one opening up their methods of shell integration to the other; I have a strong suspicion you'll have to find a third-party workaround.
Experience bij!

Barrister

You could use iTunes for OS X. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

vinraith

The obvious solution is to dump iTunes and switch to something less intrusive. :)

citizen k

Quote from: vinraith on April 06, 2009, 04:07:44 PM
The obvious solution is to dump iTunes and switch to something less intrusive. :)
It's even more intrusive on a mac as it's more integrated with the OS.