What's the most monstrous yet logical argument about abortion?

Started by Faeelin, March 03, 2010, 06:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on March 04, 2010, 03:51:15 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on March 03, 2010, 06:24:28 PM
Okay, I have to write a BS op ed about a hypothetical abortion case, where a state law requires women to get an ultrasound before an abortion.

I want something shocking about abortion, yet not necessarily crazy. Ideas?

A link, to Timmy's point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legalized_abortion_and_crime_effect

This hardly seems like the "most monstrous" argument though. It's pretty common sense.  :huh:

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on March 04, 2010, 03:59:06 AM
This hardly seems like the "most monstrous" argument though. It's pretty common sense.  :huh:

You don't have a soul.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on March 04, 2010, 03:59:06 AM
Okay, I have to write a BS op ed about a hypothetical abortion case, where a state law requires women to get an ultrasound before an abortion.

It's a pro-eugenics argument, how can it not be monstrous?

When I said that 20 years from now people might be able to ensure their kids were straight due to genetic screening/engineering you sure as hell flipped out and called me a monster.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

hmm...now this I doubt. Its mainly people decently well off who get abortions. For the non-working class...They just go with it and have the baby and its these kids that most often lead to crime and unpleasentness. Clearly we need to better educate them that abortion is an option (and hope this doesn't lead to them just having unprotected sex confident they can just get an abortion as a simple thing).
██████
██████
██████

Fate

Quote from: Tyr on March 04, 2010, 05:48:48 AM

hmm...now this I doubt. Its mainly people decently well off who get abortions. For the non-working class...They just go with it and have the baby and its these kids that most often lead to crime and unpleasentness. Clearly we need to better educate them that abortion is an option (and hope this doesn't lead to them just having unprotected sex confident they can just get an abortion as a simple thing).

It's fairly well known that minorities are disproportionate users of abortion in America. Also, Medicaid provides coverage for the procedure in most blue states.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt