What's the most monstrous yet logical argument about abortion?

Started by Faeelin, March 03, 2010, 06:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Okay, I have to write a BS op ed about a hypothetical abortion case, where a state law requires women to get an ultrasound before an abortion.

I want something shocking about abortion, yet not necessarily crazy. Ideas?

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: Faeelin on March 03, 2010, 06:24:28 PM
Okay, I have to write a BS op ed about a hypothetical abortion case, where a state law requires women to get an ultrasound before an abortion.

Is it pro or con?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

1 in 3 women in the US have had an abortion by age 45, with the highest rates of abortion being for women in the 20-24 age group.  Thus, abortion is an invaluable method of controlling the number of babies born to relatively poor, unfit mothers.  If you add the fact that abortion rates are higher among minorities, you can see that abortion is an invaluable tool for increasing the average standard of living amongst children.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Faeelin

Razgovory

Quote from: Faeelin on March 03, 2010, 08:20:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 03, 2010, 07:39:56 PM
Is it pro or con?

Either. I go to a hippy liberal school, so I'm not sure.

Well since it causes a decline in population it screws up social programs like social security and stuff.  Also take a look at Russia and tell me if a declining population is a good thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

saskganesh

Quote from: Faeelin on March 03, 2010, 08:20:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 03, 2010, 07:39:56 PM
Is it pro or con?

Either. I go to a hippy liberal school, so I'm not sure.
as per Neil, it's a form  of eugenics, which has been unpopular since the Nazis.

humans were created in their own image

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Faeelin on March 03, 2010, 06:24:28 PMa state law requires women to get an ultrasound before an abortion.

At least people can make sure they only abort girls

jimmy olsen

Argue that the decline in violent crime since the 80s has been due to the fact that abortions are disproportionately carried out by the poor and minorities. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 03, 2010, 08:46:41 PM

Argue that the decline in violent crime since the 80s has been due to the fact that abortions are disproportionately carried out by the poor and minorities.

This.  Except it's since the 90s, which is ~18 years after Roe v Wade.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on March 03, 2010, 09:29:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 03, 2010, 08:46:41 PM

This.  Except it's since the 90s, which is ~18 years after Roe v Wade.
The decline occurred in the '90s from the highs of the 80s. Saying since the 80s is correct.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

A link, to Timmy's point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legalized_abortion_and_crime_effect
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.