And we're back!

Main Menu

Sleep-over on the first (sex) date?

Started by Martinus, February 25, 2010, 03:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Korea on February 25, 2010, 12:53:16 PM
But don't you like to cuddle?! :wub:

I am unable to cuddle and sleep at the same time.  So I just cuddle until she drifts off then do the old hug and roll.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on February 25, 2010, 01:08:32 PM

I am unable to cuddle and sleep at the same time.  So I just cuddle until she drifts off then do the old hug and roll.

Yeah, it's the same with me. If I cuddle and try to sleep I keep waking up every 10-15 minutes or so.

Strix

Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2010, 10:22:28 AM
Strix are you retarded? Of course you know if you end up in bed or not. Unlike your kind, we engage in different activities in bed, so one obviously discussed these things in advance (unless it's a total stranger hook up, in which case it's certain there will be sex involved, so one does not talk about it).

I keep forgetting that your kind isn't human. That's what your saying right? Never having had a gay date, I assumed that there wasn't that much difference between a gay relationship and a straight relationship. Apparently homosexuals are OCD as a rule.

Thanks for the info!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

BuddhaRhubarb

Even when I'm dating someone, I don't really like them sleeping over. Keeps me awake.
:p

chipwich

Since only married people should have sex, of course you should stay in your home :pope:

Josquius

Quote from: chipwich on February 25, 2010, 01:34:03 PM
Since only married people should have sex, of course you should stay in your home :pope:
Go back to your own bed though.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 25, 2010, 11:57:18 AM
Drinking incredibly high calorie drinks like cocktails don't really help the second part...just sayin.

It does when that's the main source of your calories in a day. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

If it is late at night, let them stay over. If it is earlier in the evening (or day) give them the boot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Malthus

Quote from: Grallon on February 25, 2010, 10:01:36 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2010, 03:02:14 AM
How do you feel about it, especially arranging for it beforehand? I think it is quite awkward and I would assume that after the deed is done, your partner (or you, depending on the place) should go home, and you can consider sleeping over only the next time you meet (assuming you do).

Or am I too psycho about it?

Once the tool has performed its function the tool must remove itself.  Or I remove myself if I'm elsewhere.  Sleeping with a stranger is unpleasant.  Hell sleeping with anyone is unpleasant.  So just inform him before the balls get rolling that you prefer to sleep alone.

G.

Heh, referring to one's date as a "tool that has performed its function" isn't exactly the height of romance.  :D

On a serious note though, people vary widely on whether they like others sleeping in the same bed. I actually prefer it now, so long as that other is my wife. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grallon

Quote from: Malthus on February 25, 2010, 04:22:20 PM

Heh, referring to one's date as a "tool that has performed its function" isn't exactly the height of romance.  :D

*shrug* Most sex is assisted masturbation anyway.  And romance is in the eye of the beholder ;)

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on February 25, 2010, 04:22:20 PM
On a serious note though, people vary widely on whether they like others sleeping in the same bed. I actually prefer it now, so long as that other is my wife. 

Yeah it is hard to sleep now when she isn't there....and by she I mean my wife...and um...let me start again:

I find it hard to sleep now when my wife is not sleeping in my bed with me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Korea

I find that cuddling makes it easier to sleep but Ide hates it and won't let me anymore. :(
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2010, 01:11:53 PM

Yeah, it's the same with me. If I cuddle and try to sleep I keep waking up every 10-15 minutes or so.

Maybe it's a girl thing? :unsure:

Korea