Orca kills trainer at Seaworld, two more and it's an Ace

Started by jimmy olsen, February 24, 2010, 07:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Funniest part is, they are going to keep the orca around because after 3 cases they are still not sure if "he wanted to kill or just play"

The Brain

What do work environment regulations say about swimming with murderous killer whales (non-rhetorical)?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

Quote from: Tamas on February 28, 2010, 03:29:28 AM
Funniest part is, they are going to keep the orca around because after 3 cases they are still not sure if "he wanted to kill or just play"

What else are they supposed to do with it?  Even if they hide it is the shed out back it is still extremely valuable as a breeder.

Viking

From what I gathered the whale grabbed the pony tail of the trainer. I'm not sure if it didn't look like a dangling fish to the whale.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

More signs of the marine assault on humanity

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8536415.stm

Huge shark-filled aquarium in Dubai cracks open
Sharks in the Dubai Mall aquarium

An aquarium and a shopping centre in Dubai have been evacuated after water leaked from a massive tank holding hundreds of sharks.

Safety officials said the "small crack" appeared in the tank which holds 10 million litres of water and more than 33,000 underwater creatures.

The aquarium, opened in 2008, was promoted as being an "indoor ocean".

The mall owners said the leak appeared in a panel joint in the tank and was immediately fixed by engineers.

Teams carrying lifejackets were seen entering the mall.

Tower problems

"A leakage was noticed at one of the panel joints of the Dubai Aquarium at The Dubai Mall and was immediately fixed by the aquarium's maintenance team," a spokesman for the mall said.

"The leakage did not impact the aquarium environment or the safety of the aquatic animals."

The statement said the company worked with experts and "upholds the highest safety standards in its management."

The aquarium is at the foot of the world's largest building -the Burj Khalifa, also owned by Emaar Properties. It had to shut its viewing deck after a lift malfunction earlier in February.

Dubai has had a recent string of publicity disasters following last year's announcement the Emirate would not be able to pay its deb

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

C.C.R.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: C.C.R. on February 28, 2010, 09:44:29 AM
I for one welcome our new aquatic overlords...

Regional boss Flipper tosses you a ball as reward for your cooperation. :P
Experience bij!

Ender

Quote from: Tamas on February 28, 2010, 03:29:28 AM

Indeed.

That thing should be killed imidiately.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Ender on February 28, 2010, 11:14:47 AM
That thing should be killed imidiately.

Disagree vehemently.  The fucking thing is *NAMED* a "killer whale" -- they all bought their ticket, I say let 'em crash...

Malthus

Quote from: Viking on February 28, 2010, 04:50:39 AM
More signs of the marine assault on humanity

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8536415.stm

QuoteHuge shark-filled aquarium in Dubai cracks open
Sharks in the Dubai Mall aquarium

-snip-

One of the lesser-known hazards of shopping: being eaten by sharks.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius