News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlefield BC2

Started by The Brain, February 24, 2010, 01:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

So what's the deal with this one? Will it be good? Will people be getting it?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Played the demo.  It's fun if you have a good group of friends to squad up with.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

I'll probably get it.  From reading about it they didn't consoletard the PC version like call of duty.

derspiess

I have an Amazon pre-order in for the 360 version.  It was ~$53 & comes with a $20 Amazon gift card.

I liked the first Bad Company more than I thought I would, despite the retarded things like AA guns being used as indirect-fire artillery.  The storyline in this one is supposed to be a little more serious-- same characters but the humor will be more subtle.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

DisturbedPervert

derspiess

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on February 25, 2010, 03:13:51 PM
Even in multiplayer? 

No, that will have the exact same level of subtlety.  I didn't play a whole lot of multiplayer with the first BC, but I liked it a bit better than CoD4 or MW2.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Just played a little MP. Seems reasonable, but I haven't played  a BF game in a long time. I am rusty. 32 player max blows.

Tamas

After MW2's 12 player max it will be awesome.

Do tell me however: can you filter for hardcore servers. I want to be a sniper and I can't with killcam.

The Brain

Not directly in the filter menus as far as I can make out.

Tamas

AND HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU PLAY IT ONE DAY PRIOR TO EUROPEAN RELEASE?!!!!!

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on March 04, 2010, 05:45:22 AM

Europe != Hungary. I have always gotten the information that European release was today.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on March 04, 2010, 05:48:52 AM

Europe != Hungary. I have always gotten the information that European release was today.

Steam told me it was the 5th.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on March 04, 2010, 06:13:53 AM

Then Steam seems to work. Steam told me it would be released the 4th, which apparently is correct for my country.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on March 04, 2010, 06:16:10 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 04, 2010, 06:13:53 AM

Then Steam seems to work. Steam told me it would be released the 4th, which apparently is correct for my country.

Are you implying that they have different release dates within Europe and Steam enforces it through IP addresses? What major retardation!  :mad: