News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shirley Manson hints at new Garbage album

Started by garbon, February 24, 2010, 06:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.nme.com/news/garbage/49540

QuoteShirley Manson has hinted that her band Garbage are to release new material soon, with the singer implying that the band have been in the studio together recently.

Manson dropped the hint in a message to fans posted on her Facebook page after the Grammy awards yesterday (February 1).

Although she didn't explicitly say they band were recording together again, she did allude to bandmates Duke Erikson, Steve Marker and Butch Vig, the last of whom was celebrating Green Day's '21st Century Breakdown' (which he co-produced) picking up the Grammy for Best Rock Album.

"Guess who I just spent a week in the studio with?" Manson wrote, before adding, "Would you be pleased if I said one of them was called Steve and one of them was called Duke and another was a Grammy-winning producer?"

:wub: :wub: :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

I'd rather get a new album from Marilyn Manson.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I'd rather get a new album from Pink Floyd. Or maybe Elvis.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

garbon

Now if they'd only release Shirley's solo album. Fiona Apple's last album was stuck in limbo for like 5-6 years as being unfit to release and if I recall correctly, ended up being one of her biggest selling albums of her career.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on February 24, 2010, 06:51:27 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 24, 2010, 06:28:11 AM
I'd rather get a new album from Marilyn Manson.

Freak.

Yes, we are.  Marilyn Manson is fucking awesome.  THIS IS THE NEW SHIT

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 24, 2010, 09:55:09 PM

So Seedy is an annoying 14-year old from the 90s.  Good to know.

Anywho, new Garbage album = ossum.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 24, 2010, 10:09:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 24, 2010, 09:55:09 PM
So Seedy is an annoying 14-year old from the 90s.  Good to know.

The Rollins collection makes it a push.

garbon