And we're back!

Main Menu

School shooting, Littleton Colorado

Started by jimmy olsen, February 24, 2010, 01:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 24, 2010, 02:42:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 24, 2010, 02:17:49 AM
Is a guy walking around with a rifle a normal sight in the US? I mean, I suppose it's not something you can easily conceal, and the way the story is presented, the guy simply walked to the victims then asked them questions, and then shot them - it's surprising noone tackled him by then.

Yeah I'm sure you go preemptively tackle people with guns all the time.  :lol:
Only strapping Russian soldiers.
PDH!

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on February 24, 2010, 07:00:46 AM
Btw, I'd like to see Marti tackling someone with a gun.
:rolleyes:

You know he is incapable of physical activity, it's for the plebs.   :rolleyes:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

grumbler

Is a guy walking around with a rifle a normal sight in the US? I mean, I suppose it's not something you can easily conceal, and the way the story is presented, the guy simply walked to the victims then asked them questions, and then shot them - it's surprising noone tackled him by then.
:lmfao:

In Poland, this went on for years, and no one tackled the dudes with rifles even after they fired.

Guys with rifles are not a common sight in the US, but they are not unknown.  Generally, people are not tackled for having a rifle.

Poland, I am sure, is different.  So we can understand your confusion, please share with us the stories of all the tackles you have made in the past coupla years, and the reasons you had for making each one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

If I buy a rifle at a shop, I have to at least walk with it to my car. What if I don't have a car? I have to take it on the subway.  :P

No biggie.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 24, 2010, 02:34:06 PM
If I buy a rifle at a shop, I have to at least walk with it to my car. What if I don't have a car? I have to take it on the subway.  :P

No biggie.
You know by having a gun you put yourself at an immediate disadvantage don't you?
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 24, 2010, 02:34:54 PM

No biggie.
You know by having a gun you put yourself at an immediate disadvantage don't you?

If a flamboyant gay guy drops into a three point stance you are.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 24, 2010, 02:42:10 AM

Yeah I'm sure you go preemptively tackle people with guns all the time.  :lol:

No, but then again I have never, during my entire life, and having travelled many countries, seen anyone in the street who would be carrying a visible weapon and who would not be a law enforcement officer or a member of the military.

Martinus

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 24, 2010, 09:05:24 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 24, 2010, 07:00:46 AM
Btw, I'd like to see Marti tackling someone with a gun.
:rolleyes:

You know he is incapable of physical activity, it's for the plebs.   :rolleyes:

You're still not dead yet? We need THE SURGE!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2010, 02:35:27 AM
No, but then again I have never, during my entire life, and having travelled many countries, seen anyone in the street who would be carrying a visible weapon and who would not be a law enforcement officer or a member of the military.

But imagine you were in a country in a state of anarchy where regular people had guns such as the US or Somalia. Would it be logical to rush an armed man who wasn't paying any particular attention to you, because they *might* cause some trouble? Seems to me that action would encourage the behavior you're trying to prevent.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 24, 2010, 02:45:51 PM

No biggie.

Does he get a pink card, or is it a personal foul for illegal mincing?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 25, 2010, 02:52:23 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2010, 02:35:27 AM

But imagine you were in a country in a state of anarchy where regular people had guns such as the US or Somalia. Would it be logical to rush an armed man who wasn't paying any particular attention to you, because they *might* cause some trouble? Seems to me that action would encourage the behavior you're trying to prevent.

Hence my question, which was aimed at establishing whether the US is a country in a state of anarchy (i.e. a country where civilians, who are not obviously criminals, carry non-concealed weapons in public) or not. I have received an ample feedback. :)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2010, 06:34:27 AM
Hence my question, which was aimed at establishing whether the US is a country in a state of anarchy (i.e. a country where civilians, who are not obviously criminals, carry non-concealed weapons in public) or not. I have received an ample feedback. :)

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2010, 06:34:27 AM
Now all you have to do is find someone who can explain the feedback to you without using any big words, and you will be golden!  :)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 25, 2010, 06:32:25 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 24, 2010, 02:45:51 PM

No biggie.

Does he get a pink card, or is it a personal foul for illegal mincing?

15 yards for mincing, and ejection for feltching.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive