News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

School shooting, Littleton Colorado

Started by jimmy olsen, February 24, 2010, 01:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:cheers: for the teacher who took the shooter down.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/central/view.bg?articleid=1235068
2 students shot outside Colorado middle school
By Associated Press
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - Added 2h ago

LITTLETON, Colo. - Teachers tackled and subdued a man armed with a rifle after he shot two teenage students yesterday at a suburban Denver middle school just miles from Columbine High School, the site of one of the nation's deadliest school shootings.

Student Steven Seagraves said a man approached the victims and asked, "Do you guys go to this school?" When the students said they did, he shot them.

Seventh-grade math teacher David Benke, a 6-foot-5 former college basketball player and track team coach, tackled the man as he was trying to reload.

"He couldn't get another round in before I got to him, so I grabbed him," Benke said, recalling that he didn't have time to fear for his life.

A male and a female student were shot at about 3:30 p.m. outside Deer Creek Middle School in Littleton, police spokeswoman Jacki Kelley said. Both students were taken to a nearby hospital and were expected to survive.

Students were boarding buses after school when the shooting took place. Police said the shooter, whose name was not released, is 32 years old and doesn't appear to have any connection to the school.

The school is three miles from Columbine High School, where teens Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 23 others before killing themselves in 1999.
© Copyright 2010 Associated Press
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Is a guy walking around with a rifle a normal sight in the US? I mean, I suppose it's not something you can easily conceal, and the way the story is presented, the guy simply walked to the victims then asked them questions, and then shot them - it's surprising noone tackled him by then.

Jaron

On the other hand though, if a man walks up to you with a rifle and asks you something, most people would be inclined to entertain his request.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on February 24, 2010, 02:17:49 AM
Is a guy walking around with a rifle a normal sight in the US? I mean, I suppose it's not something you can easily conceal, and the way the story is presented, the guy simply walked to the victims then asked them questions, and then shot them - it's surprising noone tackled him by then.

Yeah I'm sure you go preemptively tackle people with guns all the time.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Quote from: Jaron on February 24, 2010, 02:35:27 AM
On the other hand though, if a man walks up to you with a rifle and asks you something, most people would be inclined to entertain his request.

Not sure why but this has had me laughing to myself for a couple of minutes now.  Not horribly funny but just got me in the right spot.  :D

Jaron

Quote from: sbr on February 24, 2010, 02:42:55 AM
Quote from: Jaron on February 24, 2010, 02:35:27 AM

Not sure why but this has had me laughing to myself for a couple of minutes now.  Not horribly funny but just got me in the right spot.  :D

*tickle* :hug:

Caliga

Is a guy walking around with a rifle a normal sight in the US?
No, not unless it's hunting season in a rural area.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on February 24, 2010, 06:05:30 AM

Unlike what Cal has suggested, people routinely walk around with rifles in America's cities.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on February 24, 2010, 06:15:41 AM
Unlike what Cal has suggested, people routinely walk around with rifles in America's cities.
:huh: Do you mean in the slums?  If so I wouldn't know as I've not spent much time in such neighborhoods  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

No, I'm talking about Park Avenue, Rodeo Drive, Pennsylvania Avenue and Michigan Avenue. Don't play dumb.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: garbon on February 24, 2010, 06:15:41 AM
Quote from: Caliga on February 24, 2010, 06:05:30 AM

Not in cities, people generally carry sub machine guns.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

garbon

Btw, I'd like to see Marti tackling someone with a gun.