MLB Opening Day--One day closer to football season

Started by CountDeMoney, April 06, 2009, 05:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2009, 02:17:54 PM
Hey Sweetass!

Was you still looking for Stat baseball games? Lance Haffner is still kicking after all these years.

http://www.lhgames.com/

Although the site looks a bit weedy and abandoned now.

Thanks, but I'm nicely covered by OOTP (waiting for the release of V10  <_< ).

Still looking for a decent Football one, though, but that can wait till the season starts again. ;) Any link to reviews?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on April 14, 2009, 02:23:53 PM
Hey Sweetass!

Was you still looking for Stat baseball games? Lance Haffner is still kicking after all these years.

Still looking for a decent Football one, though, but that can wait till the season starts again. ;) Any link to reviews?

No idea. Only reason I mentioned Lance Haffner was that somebody mentioned him on another site, and I had a bit of C-64 nostalgia hit me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2009, 02:27:22 PM
No idea. Only reason I mentioned Lance Haffner was that somebody mentioned him on another site, and I had a bit of C-64 nostalgia hit me.

Well, it appears his approach/site/games are a bit, uhm, aged ... ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Hey Sweetass!

Now that's a name I hadn't heard in ages.  My brother, his friends & I had college football leagues back in the 80s :nerd:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Hadn't heard of him before. For C64 I had "4th & Inches" (bought as part of an Accolade bundle) and "Super Sunday" (as copy).
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

I hadn't heard of the OOTP games before but they look like a wet dream of mine; I got to the point where I would get Madden and the Baseball video games and never play the actual games, just manage the teams and rosters. 

Are they  good?  Is there a Demo out there anywhere?

Syt

Quote from: sbr on April 15, 2009, 03:15:55 AM

I hadn't heard of the OOTP games before but they look like a wet dream of mine; I got to the point where I would get Madden and the Baseball video games and never play the actual games, just manage the teams and rosters. 

Are they  good?  Is there a Demo out there anywhere?

You can download it and play a month (or a season? I forget) as demo, I think. Baseball Mogul 2010 is also freshly out. It's a bit more accessible and lightweight than OOTP, but it lets you play one full season as demo, I think. If you decide for OOTP you may want to consider pre-ordering OOTP10 (for 30 €/$ at the moment), it should be out within a month or so.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on April 06, 2009, 10:27:59 AM
I am now a Yankees fan.

One 9 year old boy cannot be wrong, especially when is my progeny.

How is it working out so far? ;)

—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on April 19, 2009, 11:10:51 AM
I am now a Yankees fan.

:lol: 22-4
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

I am now a Yankees fan.

Ahead of the Red Sox.  Not that that this is much of an accomplishment.   :)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Batlimore's four game losing streak should put to rest any claim of April supremacy.  <_<
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 20, 2009, 10:41:19 AM
I am now a Yankees fan.

Ahead of the Red Sox.  Not that that this is much of an accomplishment.   :)

Speaking of which, the thing I like best about MLB is coming home after work and catching a morning game (Bal@Bos) on ESPN America. With the morning/mid day games it's a friendly sport for Euros to follow. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Pirates went 3-0 in their series against the Marlins and are at 9-6 total. I am: cautiously optimistic about this season ending positive (if the pitching stays as it is).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on April 22, 2009, 03:22:25 PM
Pirates went 3-0 in their series against the Marlins and are at 9-6 total. I am: cautiously optimistic about this season ending positive (if the pitching stays as it is).

No!  Do not be swept up by April dreams!  It is the path to disillusionment and dispair!