News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

LOTR - Third Age: Total War

Started by Syt, April 27, 2009, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I wanted to kill some Orcs.  Mongols kinda work... but not as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

I just looked through the scripting for this, the highlights are...

Every time the AI goes under -500 ducats they get 10,000 at the start of the turn. Which basically means the AI never runs out of money.

For certain cities, the AI will get 3,000 ducats and a good stack, if you take it and they are under 8 cities total.

So basically the AI is building at full speed, recruiting at full speed and if it loses a city, it gets a full stack and more money.

Meanwhile I'm running a 6k economy with Gondor maintaining the garrisons and two half stacks I have fighting my wars for me holding off the pirates and mordor, both of which are getting 10k extra per turn. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

I've just been playing the battles.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017