News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Favorite Artists, Periods and Painting?

Started by Queequeg, February 15, 2010, 01:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Seriously though (though I do think Bob Ross is ok)...I generally prefer the "realism" artists like Rembrandt, and other such types. 

Picasso's style and others, such as Sarte(probably bad form to use them in the same breath), just looks like a bunch of poorly-painted crap to me.  But taste in art is one of the most subjective things in the universe, so I would never give someone crap for a differing opinion.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on February 16, 2010, 01:25:42 PM

Definitely an artist of the famous "Caliga" school.  :D

Rubens would be another:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Actually my favorite artists are Cezanne, Gauguin, and Toulouse-Lautrec.  I'm a big fan of Impressionism, nude Polynesians, and midgets.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Ed Anger

Quote from: Queequeg on February 16, 2010, 04:06:42 PM

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little bit.

I own a velvet elvis. I AM: ART COLLECTOR

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 16, 2010, 04:12:40 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 16, 2010, 04:06:42 PM

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little bit.

I own a velvet elvis. I AM: ART COLLECTOR

Have a black velvet bull fighter and then i'll be impressed!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Kirby, Ditko, Neal Adams, Buscema, Perez, Alex Ross, John Byrne
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son