News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Fucking President's Day.

Started by Razgovory, February 15, 2010, 09:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I'm in a bad mood today. :mad:  But I will leave offerings to the Presidential spirits and worship the head of the electoral cult today.  Yesterday was the day that pissed me off.  Unlike some people I won't take my inadequacies relating to yesterday's holiday out on Obama.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Agelastus

So this is the USA's way of introducing a shintoists' reverence for the spirits of past Emperors to a supposedly Christian country?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Razgovory

Quote from: Agelastus on February 15, 2010, 09:40:57 AM
So this is the USA's way of introducing a shintoists' reverence for the spirits of past Emperors to a supposedly Christian country?

Quite thinking Japanese.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Agelastus on February 15, 2010, 09:40:57 AM

No.  Washington and Lincoln's birthdays were two Holidays in February forever...so in order to reduce the number of public Holidays and to prevent any other President's birthdays from becoming Holidays we created one new one between Lincoln and Washington's birthdays.

It is a rather useless Holiday, it is not celebrated in anyway and nothing happens except people get the day off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 15, 2010, 09:55:22 AM
Lucky SOBs & their day off.

I'm building up a rage over this coming Friday.  It's the Discovery Day holiday in Yukon, and is the first day of the Rendezvous winter fair.  Which is fine and dandy - unless you're a Federal employee, and are expected to work. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Maybe you should work from Home on friday.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

People in ontario (and western canada?) get today off too. "Family Day" :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on February 15, 2010, 09:23:48 AM
Unlike some people I won't take my inadequacies relating to yesterday's holiday out on Obama.

Sounds fun.  What did I miss?

Anywho, I'm kicking it with the wife & kid today.  I was counting on having some me-time since the wife was supposed to work & take Tommy to the sitter.  But they got snowed in, so there's no way I'm getting anything done.

Oh well, once Tommy gets his nap we're going tubing in the yard (I live on a hillside, which makes for some awesome kiddie-sized tubing/sledding slopes) & will then warm up with some hot chocolate.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2010, 09:50:05 AM
It is a rather useless Holiday, it is not celebrated in anyway and nothing happens except people get the day off.
They do?

Aside from the school kids I don't know of anyone getting the day off here.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2010, 02:18:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 15, 2010, 09:23:48 AM
Unlike some people I won't take my inadequacies relating to yesterday's holiday out on Obama.

Sounds fun.  What did I miss?

Anywho, I'm kicking it with the wife & kid today.  I was counting on having some me-time since the wife was supposed to work & take Tommy to the sitter.  But they got snowed in, so there's no way I'm getting anything done.

Oh well, once Tommy gets his nap we're going tubing in the yard (I live on a hillside, which makes for some awesome kiddie-sized tubing/sledding slopes) & will then warm up with some hot chocolate.

I used the waste management recycling bins to make bricks for a snow fort earlier in the week. The fort still stands but needs repair.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on February 15, 2010, 02:05:11 PM
People in ontario (and western canada?) get today off too. "Family Day" :P

Depends where - Alberta gets Family Day, don't think the others do.  Everyone but me gets Discovery Day in the Yukon. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Fucking President's Day? So a day to celebrate Clinton, Kennedy and FDR.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Strix

I love my Union. I get today off and a floating holiday for Lincoln's Birthday!  :showoff:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher