Parisian gays brutally assaulted for kissing in public

Started by Martinus, February 15, 2010, 06:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Imagine how dissapointed Marty would be if the gays guys had not been attacked - not to mention the gay guys!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Queequeg

My initial reaction to this was "pox on both your houses".  Mass sexual activity for political purposes in front of a Church, especially one as grand as Notre Dame, is insanely disrespectful.  I'd say that of heterosexuals, too. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Faeelin

Quote from: Queequeg on February 15, 2010, 12:37:33 PM
My initial reaction to this was "pox on both your houses".  Mass sexual activity for political purposes in front of a Church, especially one as grand as Notre Dame, is insanely disrespectful.  I'd say that of heterosexuals, too.

Pff. A monument to superstition built on the backs of the workers and peasants of France.

Queequeg

Quote from: Faeelin on February 15, 2010, 12:39:36 PM

Pff. A monument to superstition built on the backs of the workers and peasants of France.
:huh:
I'm goaded easily, not Martinus-easily.  Though goading-my-goad is clever. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Faeelin on February 15, 2010, 12:39:36 PM

They got paid pretty well for it and the thing has paid for itself many times over.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

I would have thought anything goes in front of the Temple of Liberty.
Let's bomb Russia!

DisturbedPervert

So there's no video or pictures of this 'brutal assault'?

derspiess

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on February 15, 2010, 09:00:18 PM
So there's no video or pictures of this 'brutal assault'?

It was too graphic to share, apparently.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

I'd say these ones had it coming for the stunt they tried to pull. This is like those people who went to that biker rally and tried to start shit with the bikers over their leather jackets and ended up in dumpsters.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Jaron, you are retarded to compare the two. PDAs are not restricted in front of the Notre Dame cathedral, and many straight couples kiss there. Or are you saying there are parts of the public space that are offlimits to the gay couples specifically, even if straight couples may engage in the same activity in such places?

Martinus

Kissing is not a "sexual activity".

Besides, the point is moot - the kissers were assaulted for being "deviants" and "sodomites", not for being "disrespectful". There are weddings held in churches and people kiss during these, too.

CountDeMoney

All people who commit PDAs should be brutally assaulted, regardless of sexual orientation.
Especially straight chicks that do it for attention.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 16, 2010, 06:45:16 AM
All people who commit PDAs should be brutally assaulted, regardless of sexual orientation.
Especially straight chicks that do it for attention.

Oh I agree with that sentiment. But I will oppose situations where gay people are assaulted for PDAs that do not turn heads when straight couples engage in them.

I have the same position on this as I do on marriage - it's an idiotic hoax, but if straights can engage in it, then gays should be able to do it too.