News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My plan for life

Started by Josquius, March 10, 2009, 08:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

In no particular order.

1: Drink no more than 4 beers a night when in public or there is the possibility of such.
2: Only use the lift when in a major hurry
3: If a girl is nice and semi-doable then do it. Don't be paranoid of what others think, Nothing came of last time and you have no reputation anyway. Something > nothing.
4: Write a blog post, story, etc... at least once a week. Who cares if you're a shit writer and feedback is scarce. Only through trying can it be cracked.
5: Learn strummy chordy guitar playing. Its dull but widespread and most demonstrable.
6: Don't be honest
7: Social niceties are pointless but they happen. Even with girls from the med. They are not horrid elderly relatives.
8: Dance like no one is watching
9: Remember to write everything down
10: But don't post everything on t'interweb
11: Investigate when the nation's sports events are and go. Sure you're out of shape but only through doing it....
12: Be careful your colours don't match before you go out.
13: Keep your room clean
14: Don't do the dishes in the bathroom. Trousers or no. Fuck the prudes (non literally)
15: Figure out the source of the smell and eradicate it
16: Buy a spare blanket.
17: S.V.E.N.S.K.A. Swedish= More than just the coolness I thought it would. It means better social life AND the only chance of work. Work=No more abject poverty.
18: Stop dissing London. They love it. They're weird but they do.
19: Slow down when speaking. Speak normal. But slow. Spit is bad no matter how rarely it happens.
20: The above can be excepted when giving a presentation. If you're better than the teachers at something you deserve a A which you will get.
21: ALWAYS wake up in the AM.
22: Get moving
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jaron

Life is to be savored, Tyr. Are you enjoying yours?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jacob

Generally good, except number 6. That one will fuck you, if you go by it.

It should be: Be honest, especially to yourself, but know when to edit and know when to shut up.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

So does Tyr think he's only going to live about six months or something?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Tamas

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Yup, that line always makes me think of you. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

I like #15, especially without context :D
and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on April 07, 2013, 11:41:21 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 11:28:48 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 10, 2009, 08:43:09 PM
6: Don't be honest a sucker.

pretty much.

I propose that this balancing act between being a sucker and taking relational risks is endemic to adulthood.

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on April 07, 2013, 02:19:17 AM
Generally good, except number 6. That one will fuck you, if you go by it.

It should be: Be honest, especially to yourself, but know when to edit and know when to shut up.

But the lies to yourself are the most important ones of all.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)