Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 07, 2010, 10:43:18 PM
Acog's are better.  And Eotechs suck.

I had a SAW so I don't care. :p

You shouldn't be taking pictures and you know it.   :shutup:

You had a SAW with a M145?
That sucks.

ACOGs are better for long range engagements.
What was your farthest shot last deployment?
I fired a 300m once. Everything else was under 175m.

the reason I prefer the Eotech is becaus I got to do some cross training with the SFs guys based here in Taji, and they ALL use Eotechs. They say that Eotechs are great, M68 is good, and ACOGs are for pogs. Pogs do improve a lot by using ACOGs.

And bout the pictures, fuck it. What are you afraid of? OPSEC?
I ain't giving anything away.

Or is it that you are jealous that I am still fighting hte good fight while you are home wasting your life?

Or maybe is it that I am HOTTER than you.

OK that's it. Post your deployment pictures. I know you have them.

After all, when we are old and senile, these pictures are all that are going to be left of our glory days.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Jaron

Quote from: Siege on February 07, 2010, 10:53:33 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on February 07, 2010, 10:43:18 PM
Acog's are better.  And Eotechs suck.

I had a SAW so I don't care. :p

You shouldn't be taking pictures and you know it.   :shutup:

You had a SAW with a M145?
That sucks.

ACOGs are better for long range engagements.
What was your farthest shot last deployment?
I fired a 300m once. Everything else was under 175m.

the reason I prefer the Eotech is becaus I got to do some cross training with the SFs guys based here in Taji, and they ALL use Eotechs. They say that Eotechs are great, M68 is good, and ACOGs are for pogs. Pogs do improve a lot by using ACOGs.

And bout the pictures, fuck it. What are you afraid of? OPSEC?
I ain't giving anything away.

Or is it that you are jealous that I am still fighting hte good fight while you are home wasting your life?

Or maybe is it that I am HOTTER than you.

OK that's it. Post your deployment pictures. I know you have them.

After all, when we are old and senile, these pictures are all that are going to be left of our glory days.

:)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Siege

Alcibiades

Lol you wish.  My farthest shot(s) was about 1500m, had to look over the sights to shoot about 60 rounds and walk them in to strafe a rooftop of a 20 story building. 

M145 is best sight for the SAW.  You should know that, NCO.
Acog's are very effective in far off engagements, and equally effective in close range.  168s are just a hassle and ineffective.

Our pogues all got 68's except for the ones who thought they were big shots.

Not supposed to be drinking in uniform, and its kinda hush hush about drinking overseas while on duty.  Though I guess you aren't doing anything over there any more.  :lol:

The 'good fight' ended when my company crushed the Mahdi Militia.

Here's my references:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFXyJck1dHI

That's my platoon ;)

And I'm better looking than you  :P 

And going to school so I can give you orders, NCO.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

DGuller

Yeah, I heard there was supposed to be no alcohol in Iraq.  The Muslims would be offended and shit.  Did I hear wrong?

The Larch

Quote from: Siege on February 07, 2010, 07:48:50 PMFuck stupid american football. Real football is played with a round ball.

And fuck joes that are old enough to kill and die, but not old enough to drink.

At least you have some redeeming features after all.  :P

Josquius

A drinking age of 21 is indeed loopy, 18 is silly enough. It should be 16 for beer at least.

Quote from: DGuller on February 08, 2010, 01:39:55 AM
Yeah, I heard there was supposed to be no alcohol in Iraq.  The Muslims would be offended and shit.  Did I hear wrong?
I read a article not too long ago about a guy running a liquor shop there, I'm pretty sure its legal for the non-muslims there.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

The German soldiers in Afghanistan may drink a liter of beer every day. :cheers:

Siege

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 07, 2010, 10:59:21 PM
Lol you wish.  My farthest shot(s) was about 1500m, had to look over the sights to shoot about 60 rounds and walk them in to strafe a rooftop of a 20 story building. 

M145 is best sight for the SAW.  You should know that, NCO.
Acog's are very effective in far off engagements, and equally effective in close range.  168s are just a hassle and ineffective.

Our pogues all got 68's except for the ones who thought they were big shots.

Not supposed to be drinking in uniform, and its kinda hush hush about drinking overseas while on duty.  Though I guess you aren't doing anything over there any more.  :lol:

The 'good fight' ended when my company crushed the Mahdi Militia.

Here's my references:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFXyJck1dHI

That's my platoon ;)

And I'm better looking than you  :P 

And going to school so I can give you orders, NCO.   :P

1500m with a SAW?  :o

Let's see:

1- Maximum effective range of the SAW on a bipod is 600m for point targets and 800m for area targets. From a tripod, and I am 100% sure you weren't using a tripod for a SAW, is 800m for point targets and 1000m for area targets.

2- Trace burn-out is at 900m, so beyond that distance, you are not going to see shit, not even round splash, to walk the rounds into the target. Only way you gonna walk your rounds into a target at that distance is by having an sniper spotter with a 40x power scope spotting for you. So at 1500m if you "look over your sights" you ain't gonna see shit.

3- The roof of a 20 story building? I have never seen a 20 story building here in Iraq, but of course that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. So let's continue. A 20 story building is about 80m high. That's an angular shot. Though at that distance the angle would be really small. I'd say about 5 degrees. So no biggie.

4- At 1500m bullet velocity for a 5.56x45 would be dropping like hell. I have not idea how effective it would be on a target, because I have not even heard of anybody trying to shoot something at that range with 5.56mm. I guess it would be like getting hit by a very fast flying very small little rock. I doubt it would penetrate somebody's skull or go through a rib. But I don't really know.

So, in conclussion, me thinks you were firing at the air in the general direction of a tall building. Or maybe your 1500m were hobbit meters, something like 800 real meters or so? How good are you at range estimation? I'm not doubting you, just asking you.  :P

The big question though, is why didn't your platoon engage that target with the .50 cals and Mk 19s...

M145 is not better for anything. I even have one of my M240B with a Eotech. The M145 is just a heavy piece of shit mounted on the feed tray cover that slows down the reload time for my gunners. Believe me, I have tested this with an stop watch. For long range engagements we have M2 .50 cal machineguns, Mk 19 40mm automatic grenade launchers, and sniper rifles. The rest of our weapon systems have to be lethal in medium to close ranges.

ACOGs are great between 200 and 600m. Under 200m, which is where hajji fire becomes effective, the ACOG is slow to adquire target. Under 50m, the ACOG can get you killed, because how slow it is compared to an Eotech or M68.

You do realize that I use the Eotech with both eyes open, right? I just bring my weapon up until I see the red dot on my target, and squeeze. The time between target detection, target adquisition, and target engagement, is almost zero. Eotech holosights are fast as fuck. With the ACOG, on the other hand, you have to bring your weapon all the way up, get your face at the right distance from the eye relief, close one eye, adquire the target, and then engage. I can do all this pretty fast, but nowhere as fast as with an Eotech.

My point is, ACOGs are only necesary over 300m. Over that distance, hajj start shooting at us, and I walk around, give my gunners the 3 Ds, direction, distance and description, method of fire, command to fire. Now, if hajj pops out of a window and start shooting at us from 50m away, I better take that fucker out before he can shoot one of my boys. And for that, not weapon sight I have ever seen is better than the Eotech Holosight.

Now, you say the M68 is a hassle and innefective?
Are you out of your mind? Why is it a hassle? Because joe snoopy forgets to turn it on before a mission, and to turn it off after coming back inside the wire?
Innefective? How? You can drop that bitch as many times as you want and its not gonna lose its zero. Its not as good or as fast as the Eotech, because of the tubular design, but its a decent red dot sight.

Now, this is the way I play in arab lands, based in my experience. When I deploy to Afghanistan, I will re-evaluate all this because that is a very diferent war against a people that have actual marksmanship traditions. They are all muslims and shit, but their war traditions and cultural view of warfare are diferent. Arabs aint worth shit on the battlefield, Afghanis, are a diferent ball game.

And you are not better looking than me!  :mad:

Alcibiades

Dude, believe it or not you can keep your eye open when you look through an acog, guess what happens.  You see the target as if you're not looking through a site, and there is a magical red dot where the target is.  Neat really.   :rolleyes:

And I would say my range estimation is pretty good and it was between 1000m and 1500m, you couldn't walk the tracers in all the way, 900m and all, but you can see the rounds kick up dust on the top of the building.  Definitely was doing that with my squad leader over my shoulder helping me adjust it as he looked through his acog.

And we're talking Baghdad here, Sadr City, not some slum village like you're used to.  So yes, about 15-20 stories.  And it was dusk, not mid-day.

We didn't have mk.19s there, and the Bradleys weren't in a position to take a shot at that time.  So as a precaution, since we kept hearing sniper fire from that direction, he had me but a few bursts at possible sitting positions.  And yeah the angle wasn't too high, but enough that I had to look over my sights to walk it in with the tracers instead of looking down my site.  Ranks within the top 3 coolest things I've ever done.

And with how prevalent snipers are, I can't see why you wouldn't choose a 145 for the even slight magnification for your gunners, eotechs provide no magnification, I feel like it's a must to be able to see tiny details from windows from so far, but I only have first hand knowledge with full on urban fighting, not villages and the like....where it would seem to be even more needed I would think.

And I'm also a fanboi of the Acog, but personally I just can't see why you wouldn't want the magnification of the Acog.  Later today, go grab one of your Joe's Acogs, look down it with both eyes open and you'll see what im talking about, it's no different than an eotech except when you close your left eye you have magnification. 

I await your rebuttal.   :mad:

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

DGuller

Wow, real life is almost like COD Modern Warfare 2.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on February 08, 2010, 05:57:53 AM
The German soldiers in Afghanistan may drink a liter of beer every day. :cheers:

Let's hope for them it's real beer ;)

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 08, 2010, 11:14:48 AM

Probably Warsteiner or Bitburger. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on February 08, 2010, 11:15:20 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 08, 2010, 11:14:48 AM

Probably Warsteiner or Bitburger. :(
No Pißwasser?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.