Report: Chinese Develop Special "Kill Weapon" to Destroy U.S. Aircraft Carriers

Started by FunkMonk, April 04, 2009, 08:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: grumbler on April 04, 2009, 12:26:05 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 04, 2009, 12:13:12 PM
Grumbles is the Old Guard...
Well, yes, precisely.  "Grumbler" is simply the English translation of "grognard," which is the nickname for a member of the Old Guard.  That is why I chose it.
Yes, I remember reading that somewhere a long time ago. I'd like to think it was my 'latent knowledge' seeping through, but it was in fact coincidental that I chose that term.  :Embarrass:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2009, 12:24:20 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 04, 2009, 12:21:53 PM

'Young Guard' is sooo 'Old Guard'.  :thumbsdown:

You sneer at the organization of the Garde Imperiale? YOU SICKEN ME.
I say to you what I said to Brain:  :blurgh: :blurgh: :blurgh:

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 04, 2009, 12:31:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2009, 12:24:20 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 04, 2009, 12:21:53 PM

'Young Guard' is sooo 'Old Guard'.  :thumbsdown:

You sneer at the organization of the Garde Imperiale? YOU SICKEN ME.
I say to you what I said to Brain:  :blurgh: :blurgh: :blurgh:

My blood is getting all angried up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I'm not going to get wrapped around the axle on this one, namely because it's been no secret that the little yellow fucks have been developing mission-kill strategies to prevent the USN from approaching the Taiwan Straits or the Chinese littoral.
I'd be more worried about their developments in ASAT, since US Navy C3I depends upon it.

Valmy

So why are they trying to develope weapons to destroy our carriers again?  Why would we actually fight a war over anything?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2009, 01:31:22 PM
So why are they trying to develope weapons to destroy our carriers again?  Why would we actually fight a war over anything?

We would fight over the territorial integrity of the sovereign nation of Taiwan.

FunkMonk

Grumbler, considering your work on a study of the Soviet use of such weapons, how long would it have taken them to develop an ASBM sophisticated enough to hit with moderate accuracy a CVN? Would they have ever been able to do it? I know computers and satellites were quite limited back in 200 BCE, so let us suppose they tried to do this using technology of the mid to late 80s. :D

Considering that, how long do you think it would take the Chinese to develop it, using current technology?

Just curious.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2009, 01:31:22 PM
People like to kill things, so we're always inventing new ways to do it.  :hug:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 04, 2009, 01:46:32 PM
Considering that, how long do you think it would take the Chinese to develop it, using current technology they have been busting their asses spying for throughout all US sectors, public and private, by any means available?

Just curious.

Amended for accuracy.

FunkMonk

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2009, 01:50:37 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 04, 2009, 01:46:32 PM
Considering that, how long do you think it would take the Chinese to develop it, using current technology they have been busting their asses spying for throughout all US sectors, public and private, by any means available?

Just curious.

Amended for accuracy.

TRUTH

Neil

Is it really a worthwhile use of a ballistic missile, to use a conventional warhead?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2009, 02:15:07 PM
That it does. That it does. You are a good egg. :frog:

I second the sentiment - though he needs to be wearing his glasses.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2009, 02:15:07 PM

That it does. That it does. You are a good egg. :frog:

Who is the dorky looking balding dude? kinda looks like fahdiz.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son