News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Olympic Excitement

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2010, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 15, 2010, 10:11:44 PM
No one cares about T. Fox, especially anyone in their 20s.

Still more of a household name than that skier from 68 whose name I already forgot.  :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Maybe they should have had Michael J Fox carry the torch.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Does anyone know the rules of short track skating?  I'd like to know if the Koreans have a legitimate beef about Ohno.  I suspect they don't.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 15, 2010, 10:33:30 PM
Does anyone know the rules of short track skating?  I'd like to know if the Koreans have a legitimate beef about Ohno.  I suspect they don't.

They haven't liked him for 8 years now. :P
And sure being half-Japanese doesn't help.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Local girl Erin Hamlin didn't do well in the luge. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Well, IIRC, the only person DQed was one of the Koreans who bit it, so it sounds like they're just being babies.  They were all grabbing at each other and all that before the crash, but at the actual moment of the fall(s), it involved nothing but one Korean dude running into another Korean dude while attempting to pass. 

Shit they almost took out the leader too.  Would have given that enormous Canadian the bronze, and would have been even more hilarious.

katmai

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 15, 2010, 10:37:51 PM

Shit they almost took out the leader too.  Would have given that enormous Canadian the bronze, and would have been even more hilarious.

Yeah that dude was huge compared to the rest of field it was comical.

MadBurgerMaker

I just don't understand how they can make the figure skating judging so.....wrong.  I just watched a chick nearly fall twice (hand down on the ice), then actually fall once, and get placed above another couple who seemed to have a good routine.  Well..neither of them fucking fell, at least.  This was going on yesterday too.  I thought they changed the way they were judged? 

Quote from: katmaiYeah that dude was huge compared to the rest of field it was comical.

:lol:  Yeah, when he got into the middle of the crowd he was just towering over all the other skaters like they were a bunch of little kids.  Great stuff.

katmai

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 15, 2010, 10:46:00 PM
I just don't understand how they can make the figure skating judging so.....wrong.  I just watched a chick nearly fall twice (hand down on the ice), then actually fall once, and get placed above another couple who seemed to have a good routine.  Well..neither of them fucking fell, at least.  This was going on yesterday too.  I thought they changed the way they were judged? 

That shit puts me to sleep so can't say I've seen any of it, but isn't degree of difficulty in their program factored in?
So yeah she fell but the routine and jumps/spins/whatever were tougher than the other couple?

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on February 15, 2010, 10:14:52 PM

Still more of a household name than that skier from 68 whose name I already forgot.  :lol:
CC is going to stab you in the heart with a ski pole.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: katmai on February 15, 2010, 10:51:16 PM
That shit puts me to sleep so can't say I've seen any of it, but isn't degree of difficulty in their program factored in?
So yeah she fell but the routine and jumps/spins/whatever were tougher than the other couple?

Probably is, as utterly retarded as that is.  Hooray for giving medals for effort instead of for actual performance/execution.  Sure, go for the hard stuff if you want, but if you leave your teeth in the ice, you shouldn't get any points for it.  I can't believe my wife watches and enjoys this garbage.

As a matter of fact...I think the couple in last place is the only one that didn't have one of them fall or nearly fall.  :lol:

Edit:  Hahaha this last couple (I'm delayed on a DVR) I watched, the dude's face literally hit the ice, and they're in first place now.

crazy canuck

Some contact happens.  The skaters have to be both strong and fast.  Ohno is both.  The Koreans are being a bit whiny about this.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on February 15, 2010, 10:55:24 PM
Quote from: Josephus on February 15, 2010, 10:14:52 PM

CC is going to stab you in the heart with a ski pole.

Such a death would be too quick.  I will slice him to ribbons with the edge of my ski.

sbr

So Terry Fox not only never completed in the Olympics, but was never even on an Olympic team?

Why should his mom be fawned over any more than the millions of Canadians who have died of cancer? :huh: