Blasphemous cat predicts deaths in New England

Started by Martinus, February 02, 2010, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on February 02, 2010, 02:17:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 02, 2010, 01:18:05 PM
The story is in New England not old England.
The author is from Olde England, not New England (this is from the Torygraph).

I'm can't bothered with the customs of proto-Americans and other lower life forms.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

I expect a long & spirited debate on whether American cat terms are correct since the cat is American or if British cat terms are correct since the story was written by a Brit for a Brit paper.

Don't let me down-- I already have popcorn in the microwave.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Why has not the blasphemous cat been dunked? Clearly, New England has not lost its penchant for witchcraft!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on February 02, 2010, 03:33:47 PM
Why has not the blasphemous cat been dunked? Clearly, New England has not lost its penchant for witchcraft!

Witchcraft is now celebrated in Salem. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2010, 03:38:12 PM

Witchcraft is now celebrated in Salem. :(

Real witchcraft, of the 'attempting to wreak harm on your enemies through magical means or poisions' variety, or recently invented new age feelgoodery?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on February 02, 2010, 03:18:37 PM
I expect a long & spirited debate on whether American cat terms are correct since the cat is American or if British cat terms are correct since the story was written by a Brit for a Brit paper.

I think that, since Raz and I were mostly just goofing around about the topic, there will be few sparks.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Rhode Ilsand had its last serious vampire scares in the 1890s.  :cool:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on February 02, 2010, 06:27:26 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 02, 2010, 03:18:37 PM

I think that, since Raz and I were mostly just goofing around about the topic, there will be few sparks.

I enjoy goofing around. :Embarrass:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on February 02, 2010, 06:27:26 PM

Many a good Languish flamefest has begun that way.  Unfortunately, that's not the case here :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martim Silva

Maybe it's not just this cat.

Didn't the Ancient Egyptians believe that cats were the keepers of the Underworld?

Maybe their beliefs were based on something real that they observed...

DGuller

Did they try to breed this cat?  If one cat can take care of 50 elderly, then imagine what a whole family of such cats can do for our Medicare costs.

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on February 03, 2010, 09:30:54 AM
Did they try to breed this cat?  If one cat can take care of 50 elderly, then imagine what a whole family of such cats can do for our Medicare costs.

OMG, it's the centerpiece of the Democratic healthcare initiative! Forget "death panels", it's "death kitties"!