American: Uncompromising (Hardline)
American: Conciliatory (Multilateral)
European: Uncompromising (Hardline)
European: Conciliatory (Multilateral)
Other: Uncompromising (Hardline)
Other: Conciliatory (Multilateral)
Squee!  Teh absurd choice!

Ed Anger

I'd vote for a good bout of isolationism. It is time to rebuild Fortress America, and screw everybody else.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Divide and conquer.  For starters, we need to get Le Rosbif hating Le Frogs again.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2010, 08:31:54 AM
I'd vote for a good bout of isolationism. It is time to rebuild Fortress America, and screw everybody else.

here it is
:nerd:

Valmy

I think we should be hardline on some issues and conciliatory on others.

But basing a foreign policy around trying to preserve the past is a losing proposition anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martim Silva

Well, the Pentagon answered this question today. Their strategy review for 2010 calls for the US to be ready to fight not only two major conventional wars, but also a crapload of other conflicts of all kinds all over the place and all at the same time.

This ranges from major wars with China and Iran to conflicts in shitty third world dungholes, and includes cyberattacks, fighting terrorism, giving humanitarian aid and even fight resource wars caused by climate change in weird settings.

Needless to say, they'll also ask for a record bugdet increase in 2011.

In other words, the US is going to try and do it all at once.  :showoff:

Alcibiades

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2010, 08:31:54 AM
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Quote from: Martim Silva on February 01, 2010, 08:50:46 AM
Well, the Pentagon answered this question today. Their strategy review for 2010 calls for the US to be ready to fight not only two major conventional wars, but also a crapload of other conflicts of all kinds all over the place and all at the same time.

This ranges from major wars with China and Iran to conflicts in shitty third world dungholes, and includes cyberattacks, fighting terrorism, giving humanitarian aid and even fight resource wars caused by climate change in weird settings.

Or rather the Pentagon wants to be funded as if we are going to try and do it all at once.  Was the question: how will the Pentagon position itself to increase its funding?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Let's start by conciliating some of that humanitarian aid.

The Brain

Rapid, conciliatory nuclear strikes.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2010, 09:03:07 AM
Let's start by conciliating some of that humanitarian aid.

That's what NGOs are for.  Want to save some starving skinnies? Have a fucking bake sale.

jimmy olsen

Not true, they've abandoned the two war doctrine. This is important so I'm starting a new thread on it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point