Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I see they have a legacy pack for the Romulans, clocking in at $124.99 :lol:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacypack/legacy

(Or a starter pack for $19.99)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Server crashes last two nights don't bode well from them releasing the expansion in two weeks time :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 04, 2013, 02:58:58 AM
Server crashes last two nights don't bode well from them releasing the expansion in two weeks time :P

Almost certainly due to the launch of Neverwinter Nights.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

This game would be a lot more fun if they jsut shoved the entire ground based part of it out the nearest photon tube.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2013, 10:06:11 AM
Quote from: katmai on May 04, 2013, 02:58:58 AM

Almost certainly due to the launch of Neverwinter Nights.

Yeah, but if they crash every night for 2-3 hours now, imagine when they try to add people coming to check out Romulans and Neverwinter player base chance to still be strong if not bigger by then.

katmai

And of course i go to log in and see bringing the game down in 45 mins for 4 hrs of maintenance to try and figure out what's been going on.

Now I might have to go out and deal with other people, ugh!

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on May 04, 2013, 12:45:51 PM
This game would be a lot more fun if they jsut shoved the entire ground based part of it out the nearest photon tube.

Not necessarily.

They learned over time how to do ground missions right.  The Featured Episodes have just rocking ground missions - better than the space component.

But yes - if you go back and play some of the release-era missions, their ground combat is long and grindy.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 04, 2013, 09:16:34 PM
And of course i go to log in and see bringing the game down in 45 mins for 4 hrs of maintenance to try and figure out what's been going on.

Now I might have to go out and deal with other people, ugh!

Sorry at - I went to log in tonight only to find the game down. :(

katmai

Well I'm sorry to see they did this right smack in my evening playtime, but after the server crashes last two nights glad to see they are trying to fix it, and yeah sent you in game message yesterday to look me up.

Started a new character to get relearn the game, and since my highest character is only lvl 25 i'm already half way there with the new one.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2013, 12:21:46 AM
Well I'm sorry to see they did this right smack in my evening playtime, but after the server crashes last two nights glad to see they are trying to fix it, and yeah sent you in game message yesterday to look me up.

Started a new character to get relearn the game, and since my highest character is only lvl 25 i'm already half way there with the new one.

Okay, if that's as far as you have gotten... do the featured episodes.  Seriously.  They rock.

katmai

Well since they brought game back up already i'll do that.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Berkut on May 05, 2013, 10:00:32 AM
How playable is the game FTP?

Surprisingly, very playable.  There's less stripping of features for free players than expanded features for paid players.  They also reward play during windows of time more than paying for toys- the best stuff is still the equipment received on completion of a featured episode- paid and free players get the same bonuses, often very nice perks, like getting both a T3 Ambassador-class cruiser and a T5 Ambassador-"retrofit."
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

Also, I should mention the ship selection is finally mature.  Now that the Ambassador's out, all the canon classes that received primary shots are represented.  The only things left out are oddball scene-filling kitbashes like the Norway, Yeager, and Curry/Shelley, which nobody seems to want.  Well, no New Orleans, but since nobody can even agree what it's supposed to look like, YMMV.
Experience bij!

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on May 05, 2013, 10:00:32 AM
How playable is the game FTP?

I wouldn't know, i was lifetime subscriber from beginning :blush: :nerd: