Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: szmik on January 31, 2012, 03:39:27 PM
this game is buggy

first my char got stuck in Academy, and now during a space battle against Orion Marauder Bs my ship is stuck in place for no apparent reason(?), just can't move and my torpedoes have lost any effect on the enemy  :mad:

Are you stuck up against an asteroid?  That does happen to me sometimes.

You can just back up though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

They really bring the servers offline a lot in this game, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rhyme or reason to the times or length of DT.  If it needs this much maintenance, why don't they just make it a daily scheduled downtime that may just end early instead of seemingly random times and lengths?

Ed Anger

I'm thinking of signing up for the free bit just to be a dick.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 03, 2012, 12:38:49 AM
They really bring the servers offline a lot in this game, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rhyme or reason to the times or length of DT.  If it needs this much maintenance, why don't they just make it a daily scheduled downtime that may just end early instead of seemingly random times and lengths?

I'm not sure about now with all of PWE's bans on far eastern players, but it started deliberately- they wanted to make sure no timezone got stuck with a regularly scheduled downtime when they'd be playing.
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 03, 2012, 06:52:14 PM
I'm thinking of signing up for the free bit just to be a dick.

It's a fun toy to play with, I gotta say.
Experience bij!

MadBurgerMaker

Oh hey they broke autofire with the latest patch.  Type /defaultautoattack 1 in your chat box to get it back (until you reload space, then do it again).  The usual right clicking doesn't work atm.

Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 03, 2012, 11:29:49 PM
I'm not sure about now with all of PWE's bans on far eastern players, but it started deliberately- they wanted to make sure no timezone got stuck with a regularly scheduled downtime when they'd be playing.

Why did they ban players in moon time zones? 

Edit: Made Captain.  :)  Instead of continuing the tactical route (my dude is a tac officer, but I wasn't feeling the Defiant class), I decided to give the Intrepid class a shot.  Was assigned USS Lexington, a glorious ship name, and turned it into what is basically a bigger Akira Class (got the turn rate up with 2x RCS accelerator consoles) torpedo bays and all.  It's fucking awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 03, 2012, 11:54:19 PM
Why did they ban players in moon time zones? 

Think it has something to do with doing business in some countries and licensing issues.  Basically, Cryptic didn't ban them- Perfect World had some kind of beef from before acquiring Cryptic that turned into a huge headache for Chinese, Russian, and Australian (go figure) players.
Experience bij!

MadBurgerMaker

And the servers just took an unannounced dump.  While I hope they did it on purpose to fix autofire, it would have been nice to have a little warning.

E:  They didn't do it on purpose: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=252366   Very CCP-like.

QuoteThink it has something to do with doing business in some countries and licensing issues.  Basically, Cryptic didn't ban them- Perfect World had some kind of beef from before acquiring Cryptic that turned into a huge headache for Chinese, Russian, and Australian (go figure) players.

When did this happen?  Just before they went (or decided to go) F2P?

DontSayBanana

http://woi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?s=c225d247b1c008fa6a73069b5048381e&p=5009191&postcount=3

I was mistaken on Australians, but the problem was that there were a LOT of STO players already subscribed from those regions, including a not-insignificant number of lifetimers, since Atari had no such blocking.
Experience bij!

Barrister

Almost an entire year since the last one, STO has finally brought out a new set of Featured Episodes today.   :cool:

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on February 11, 2012, 10:26:25 PM
Almost an entire year since the last one, STO has finally brought out a new set of Featured Episodes today.   :cool:

The Featured Episodes are the best thing STO has ever done.  If anyone has an account in STO, I fully recommend logging in for an hour or two and doing this one.

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2012, 12:46:52 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 11, 2012, 10:26:25 PM

The Featured Episodes are the best thing STO has ever done. 

I'd imagine they top a pretty short list.

Syt

I see there's a new item in the C-Store that takes the nickle&diming to a new level, i.e. the Master Key:

QuoteCollect lock boxes in-game by defeating enemies and completing missions, and then use a Master Key to get the treasures inside! Once you have a Master Key, right click on a lock box to open and the key will be consumed.

So you have to pay to get at the loot? And 100 Points = 1€ for a key (or 900 = 9€ for a pack of 10)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

szmik

coincidence?   :hmm:

LOTRO started the same thing about two weeks ago. After disgruntled users protested, keys started dropping too at about 10% rate supposedly. So you have to be double lucky to get both. I actually have the box, but no key. No way I'm spending money to unlock it.  <_<
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on February 12, 2012, 01:25:11 AM
I see there's a new item in the C-Store that takes the nickle&diming to a new level, i.e. the Master Key:

QuoteCollect lock boxes in-game by defeating enemies and completing missions, and then use a Master Key to get the treasures inside! Once you have a Master Key, right click on a lock box to open and the key will be consumed.

So you have to pay to get at the loot? And 100 Points = 1€ for a key (or 900 = 9€ for a pack of 10)?

The really aggravating part though is the game-wide pop up when somebody gets the big prize from those boxes.