Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on May 15, 2011, 11:16:56 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 15, 2011, 12:18:22 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 14, 2011, 11:51:12 AM
Syt - how did you put that together?

Screenshots, and copy paste.

Which software did you use though?

Old Paintshop Pro version. Would work in MS Paint, too, I think.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: JacobL on May 15, 2011, 10:31:14 AM
I had such high hopes this would get me playing a MMORPG again...but as all such games currently stand looks like WoW will be the last new online rpg I try.  I blame SWG... :yuk:

It's a good game, at least during the levelling process.  At least for me, the issue is trying to justify a continued subscription after max level has been reached and the storyline is completed.
Experience bij!

Berkut

I am finding out all over again what I found fucking annoying about this game.

Namely, missions where there is no damn way of knowing what you are supposed to do.

Go forth, and explore three systems in some sector! Fly to the sector. It is completely empty. Ragequit.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on May 22, 2011, 06:39:09 PM
I am finding out all over again what I found fucking annoying about this game.

Namely, missions where there is no damn way of knowing what you are supposed to do.

Go forth, and explore three systems in some sector! Fly to the sector. It is completely empty. Ragequit.

Does it give you three named systems?  If so they should be on the sector map.

If not, you only have to fly to three unnamed systems.  If there are none, just fly around and they will pop up quite quickly.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Flew around. nothing popped up but anomolies.

0 rows returned

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Berkut on May 22, 2011, 06:44:14 PM
scan them, some should be systems

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on May 22, 2011, 06:44:14 PM

I want them to be anomalies.  I prefer them to be anomalies.  I need those drops more than I need some 'explore system X' planets.

But in the end you don't need to do those at all if you aren't interested in crafting.  Just go on to the regular quests.

Berkut

Is there any way to tell if a given quest is actually soloable or not? Getting a little tired of getting my ass kicked in some quest that is clearly intended for groups. Surely there is some kind of indicator on the quest itself?

0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2011, 07:45:47 AM
Is there any way to tell if a given quest is actually soloable or not? Getting a little tired of getting my ass kicked in some quest that is clearly intended for groups. Surely there is some kind of indicator on the quest itself?

The only missions that are definitely not soloable are the Special Task Force missions (actually, even those are still soloable, but you need to be insane to even try it).

Some of those ground mobs are ridiculous, though; I remember the Widrab being a particular pain in the ass a while back.  Also, there's a known bug that's been sitting around for a while with mobs of top-level Klingon Swordsmasters appearing in random exploration missions- not sure if they ever worked on that or not.

If you'd like, I can log in and blow the dust off my maxed-out engineer to help...
Experience bij!

Berkut

The missions where it says to go fight in some areas, and I get there and have to destroy X/Y groups and one of the groups has a ship whose shields I cannot even knock down are most certainly NOT soloable. At least not for poor little me in my crappy little light cruiser.

0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2011, 08:35:24 AM
The missions where it says to go fight in some areas, and I get there and have to destroy X/Y groups and one of the groups has a ship whose shields I cannot even knock down are most certainly NOT soloable. At least not for poor little me in my crappy little light cruiser.

Ah, yeah.  The trick is a deliberately weak first salvo- save your weapons cycle for about 10 seconds so you can pummel them once it wears off.
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2011, 08:35:24 AM

Can you give an example?  What is the quest name?

Other than STFs most everything is soloable.

Maybe check your difficulty level?  I found things above normal too hard for my tastes.

Some particular mobs can get tricky at higher levels (anything with Photonic fleet, Cardies and Romulans with self-heals), but nothing you should be meeting just yet.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Berkut

OK, you were right - I had the difficulty set to hard. I did not realize when I warped into the mission that the ships with me were NPCs, I thought they were other players in one of those "group" missions. Duh.

Turns out it was a very cool mission. And I am happy to note that there is room to make things quite a bit more challenging.

0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2011, 08:59:27 PM
OK, you were right - I had the difficulty set to hard. I did not realize when I warped into the mission that the ships with me were NPCs, I thought they were other players in one of those "group" missions. Duh.

Turns out it was a very cool mission. And I am happy to note that there is room to make things quite a bit more challenging.

:) When I first saw your post with the mission name I was scratching my head as I actually did it just a few days ago, and didn't find it that challenging...

Yeah, the named ship (Axon) is tougher than most, but with the other ships supporting you you are fine.  Just save that ship until the end.

This quest is one of the Featured Episodes - follow the whole quest line to completion.  You won't be sorry - they are amongst the best quests in STO.