Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

New patch

QuoteWelcome to Season One: Common Ground

This is the first major update of Star Trek Online since launch and it contains a lot of updates across the entire game. The team is very thankful to all of the players who took the time to help test these changes on the TRIBBLE Test Server. Now on to the Release Notes!

SEASON ONE: COMMON GROUND - HIGHLIGHTS

Lifetime Subscriber Perks
We've put together a special thank you package for our Lifetime subscribers:
Classified Access Codes – A free C-store item. (This grants access to the items below)
The Captain's Table – A special social area exclusive to Lifetime subscribers, available to both Federation and Klingon captains. Once you've unlocked the code, there is a spacial anomaly outside of Earth Space Dock and Qo'nos which will transfer you to the exclusive bar.
Special In-Game Title – "Career Officers" are those who've joined Starfleet or the KDF for the long haul.

PVP Updates
Wargames - FvF is here! Federation players can now participate in PvP against one another to better prepare for the dangers of the battlefield.
New PvP Map – Explore "Shanty Town," a brand new Ground Assault map available for both Klingon and Federation players.

New Ways To Customize Your Captain
Off-Duty Uniforms – Experience the STO universe in style! Starfleet officers will have the option to change into off-duty outfits to enjoy more casual attire.
New Stances and Hairstyles – Further customize your Captain by changing his or her hairstyle, or adopting two brand new stances: Stern and Relaxed.

New Ship Options
New Klingon Battle Cruiser – The K'Tanco Battle Cruiser has been made available to Klingon Lieutenant Commanders.
Klingon Ship Customization - Use the ship tailor to customize your Bird of Prey or Raptor.

New Fleet Actions
The Big Dig – Available in Romulan space.
DS9 Under Siege - The True Way has attacked and boarded DS9. Repel the invasion to save the day.
Klingons Can Play, Too – Klingon Captains may now access the Crystalline Entity, Big Dig and Breaking the Planet Fleet Actions

Skills Respec Is Here
Unhappy with your Captain's skill point allocation? Talk to the respec contact to change things up. Respec contacts are located at the Center of Earth Space Dock and K7 Stations for Fed players, and at the sparring ring in Qo'Nos and on Ganalda Station for Klingon players.
All characters will receive a free respec token when they log in to Season One
All characters receive an additional free respec token as a reward at each ship promotion mission
Players can spend merit to obtain additional respec tokens. The merit price to purchase a respec goes up at each rank.
Players can purchase a respec token for 400 CP in the C-Store.

New Skills
Starship Attack Vectors – Improve your ship's accuracy and critical hit chance.
Combat Maneuvers – Improve your ship's evasion and turn rate.
Starship Battle Strategy – Improve your ship's critical hit severity and damage resistance.

New In The C-Store
Bridge Variants - All new ways to update your Bridges' look, available for a low price in the C-Store for both Federation and Klingon ships.
Federation Ship Variants – New takes on your old favorites, available for a low price in the C-Store.
Tribble Test Server Rewards - Players who participated in the last Tribble Weekend will be able to claim their free Tribble of Borg and Tribble Crash Test Dummy Title.
(eta for these items to be available in the store is by EOD March 25th)

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Cool thanks beeb, now just need the time to log in :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on March 26, 2010, 05:23:26 PM
Cool thanks beeb, now just need the time to log in :lol:

I like the new patch - DS9 Under siege is cool - it's a ground fleet action.  :)

And I like that they're giving lifers new special perks.   I get to walk around as "Career Officer Svoboda" - as if the liberated borg apparatus on my head wasn't enough of a hint.   :cool:

Barrister

Well - I haven't had this kind of issue for a few weeks.

Unable to log in - stuck on 'retrieving list of characters'.
:mad:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on March 27, 2010, 03:23:10 AM
Well - I haven't had this kind of issue for a few weeks.

Unable to log in - stuck on 'retrieving list of characters'.
:mad:

Apparently, our good Baron got a key to the Boston Shard and had sex on top of the server again. XP
Experience bij!

katmai

Hey Beeb, heard they were adding a death penalty? you hear anything about that?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 02, 2010, 12:17:24 AM
Hey Beeb, heard they were adding a death penalty? you hear anything about that?

Yes. coming in an upcoming patch - I think together with a difficulty slider.  Will probably be pretty mild.  I don't have a problem wit a death penalty.  I won one or two battles by taking out a couple ships, dieing, then coming back almost instantly to finish off the other ships.

Syt

I may play a mission or two this weekend to see how it goes now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Not sure what this means, but it might be worthwhile to log in for anyone who has an active account - something about some items based on the Tamarians if you log in this weekend.

(The Tamarians are the people who speak entirely in metaphor from the TNG episode)

Strix

Shaka, when the walls fell...Temba, his arms wide/open
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Barrister

Conversation with my wife this morning:

Wife: why is your computer so loud?
Me: Oh, my new Star Trek game is pretty hard on graphics, which causes the computer to run hot
Wife: Ah, well why don't you get a new graphics card?
Me: I'd like to, but it could cost a couple hundred...
Wife: So?  DO it if you want to.

:wub:

Now I'm hoping to see new updates to the Mac Pro, along with new supported graphics cards in the next month or so... :shifty:

DontSayBanana

Any of you guys that are playing, we tried to put together a "First Contact Day" party in Spacedock #19, and we desperately, desperately need some warm bodies to liven it up. ;)
Experience bij!

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2010, 11:41:46 PM
Now I'm hoping to see new updates to the Mac Pro, along with new supported graphics cards in the next month or so... :shifty:
Interesting.  My (non-Crapple) PC's graphic card is totally silent, even while under heavy load. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

BTW, sorry I couldn't be more sociable.  We weren't expecting to fill the instance, or get GMs involved and have it on the front page. :ph34r:
Experience bij!