Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Shame.  The lighting engine has done a decent job of breathing some new life into the game.  Meantime, way back when, I pulled the trigger and banked on at least a couple more years game time and went LTS as well, so we could always meet up at everyone's favorite borderline-abandoned social hub: the Captain's Table. :P
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 02, 2017, 10:09:41 PM
Shame.  The lighting engine has done a decent job of breathing some new life into the game.  Meantime, way back when, I pulled the trigger and banked on at least a couple more years game time and went LTS as well, so we could always meet up at everyone's favorite borderline-abandoned social hub: the Captain's Table. :P

Well they did promptly email me back asking for additional information.  So Odds > 0 of getting my account back.

Captain's Table. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Had the same issue a few years ago. I don't recall what they asked of me, but I told them that I didn't have it but provided them with as much info as I could. They declined. I told them if that wasn't enough they should get bent. That did the trick. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

They say they've switched my account over.  We'll see what happens tonight when I try to log in.

Barrister

And I'm in. :cool:

And I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. :lol:

Time to re-roll and re-learn everything.

Barrister

Well I have been gone a long time.  Whole new TOS-based tutorial.  Nice.  Though I wonder who the target audience is for it - surely kids these days are far more familiar with TNG.

Anyways having fun so far.

katmai

Beeb, it is because the last expansion lets you go play in the TOS universe. 
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on January 03, 2017, 01:34:48 PM
They say they've switched my account over.  We'll see what happens tonight when I try to log in.

Oh, wait, did you still have one of the old Cryptic accounts that had to be converted over to PerfectWorld/Arc?  Also, has your @handle changed in the process?
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 04, 2017, 05:02:29 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 03, 2017, 01:34:48 PM

Oh, wait, did you still have one of the old Cryptic accounts that had to be converted over to PerfectWorld/Arc?  Also, has your @handle changed in the process?

No, I switched the Cyptic account over in, oh, 2012.

It appears that I created a new email address just for that purpose, which I have now totally forgotten.  Not wanting to make that mistake again (and it wouldn't let me use my usual home email) I sucked it up and linked it to my work email.

Barrister

So the new Legends of Yesterday thing is... interesting.  Playing through the new introductory missions.  I like that they've toned down the combat from some of the launch missions (it was very grindy), and I like that they've learned to give us stuff to do other than just fighting... but these missions have the fanservice turned up to 11!  STO always had callbacks to old episodes, but usually it was more subtle.  Now I've got a mission where I'm fighting alongside Scotty and Chekov against some neural parasites (which was a kind of dumb episode originally) all in the context of an Enterprise-era Time War.

But I'm having fun.  And after 4-5 years away with a lifetime subscription I have an absurd amount of Zen to spend in their store.  So many choices...

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on January 05, 2017, 05:18:48 PM
So the new Legends of Yesterday thing is... interesting.  Playing through the new introductory missions.  I like that they've toned down the combat from some of the launch missions (it was very grindy), and I like that they've learned to give us stuff to do other than just fighting... but these missions have the fanservice turned up to 11!  STO always had callbacks to old episodes, but usually it was more subtle.  Now I've got a mission where I'm fighting alongside Scotty and Chekov against some neural parasites (which was a kind of dumb episode originally) all in the context of an Enterprise-era Time War.

But I'm having fun.  And after 4-5 years away with a lifetime subscription I have an absurd amount of Zen to spend in their store.  So many choices...

Good to hear.  Yeah, this game is night and day from what it was at launch.  Only a handful of missions that were there at launch are still in the game, and all of those have been "remastered" to have better maps, most of them getting voice acting, too.

Fleets and social chat channels will be your best friend from about 2/3 of the way through the game on- personally, I shut off the zone chat a long time ago and use the RedditChat channel as my "general purpose" social channel (I still have you on my friends list, but in case you don't have it, my handle is @jemmymcdonough).  I'll try to keep anonymous off for a while to see if we can catch up in game and maybe run a map or two together- I usually stay invisible to try to keep down the spam from the RMT sellers' bots. <_<
Experience bij!

Barrister

I'll try and keep an eye out for you.

I really need to sit down and spend an hour or two to reconfigure all of my powers and skills on my main - way too much time sunk on that character.  But so far I'm being lazy and am rolling through the Romulan introduction (which I did once upon a time but don't remember in the least).

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on January 07, 2017, 11:46:06 AM
I'll try and keep an eye out for you.

I really need to sit down and spend an hour or two to reconfigure all of my powers and skills on my main - way too much time sunk on that character.  But so far I'm being lazy and am rolling through the Romulan introduction (which I did once upon a time but don't remember in the least).

The good news there is the skill tree's a lot more forgiving than it used to be.  Also, we lifetimers get retrain tokens like water, so there's little problem with trying out a build and modifying it later.

Oh, and make sure you start the project to claim the winter event ship.  Even if you can't finish it in time, you can purchase tokens to finish it later with lobi crystals.
Experience bij!

Syt

So Star Trek Online released a power metal song in Klingon, performed by Mary Chieffo who played L'Rell on ST Disco.

https://youtu.be/8iNojlgqlxI

:blink:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on August 03, 2021, 03:03:34 PM
So Star Trek Online released a power metal song in Klingon, performed by Mary Chieffo who played L'Rell on ST Disco.

https://youtu.be/8iNojlgqlxI

:blink:
:cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points