News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

French Report Calls for Ban on Veil

Started by Savonarola, January 26, 2010, 10:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Slargos on January 29, 2010, 03:00:04 PM
By this statement MIM makes it clear that he doesn't consider it an opinion, but rather Truth.
No, he doesn't.  He explains why it is not explicable in the terms you desire.  A better example might be "why is man self-aware?"

QuoteDon't let such a trifling thing as actual evidence get in your way of grand standing however.
Don't let someone's actual words get in the way of your pronouncement that he "makes it clear that he doesn't consider it an opinion, but rather Truth," however.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Slargos on January 29, 2010, 03:00:04 PM

By this statement MIM makes it clear that he doesn't consider it an opinion, but rather Truth.

Don't let such a trifling thing as actual evidence get in your way of grand standing however.

I just laid down the logic upon which my opinion is built there. I do not intend to make the claim of Truth, even if I may have conveyed that mistakenly. Clear enough?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers