And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3: Magna Mundi to be its own Game

Started by Drakken, January 21, 2010, 10:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457102

QuoteYes.

The game to own them all is being developed since October. And we already have screenshots to show. Prepare for a new game using the same design philosophy as the Magna Mundi mod.

Tomorrow PARADOX will make the official announcement. Was given the greenlight to post this because the press was already informed.

Screenshots will be available... when I feel like it. Pretty soon, depending on my definition of soon.

Now, I'm heading for a presentation!

In the name of the Magna Mundi team, thank you very much for your preference. YOU made us level up!

HisMajestyBOB

Awesome, I love Magna Mundi!
So will it be another expansion, or a stand-alone game?
This does explain why ubik has been so evasive on the forums about why there won't be a new MM version.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josephus

I'm actually having a hard time keeping track of all the releases coming out of Paradox recently.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Drakken

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 21, 2010, 10:14:21 AM
Awesome, I love Magna Mundi!
So will it be another expansion, or a stand-alone game?
This does explain why ubik has been so evasive on the forums about why there won't be a new MM version.

Most probably stand-alone, akind to FtG for EU2.

Drakken

From Da Boss :
The development model is totally different than For the Glory. Magna Mundi will be a full game available in DL and retail. Diferent localization and all that.

It will be a stand alone game. It can't run on EU3 anymore.

So the question is: will the map still suck?

Viking

Quote from: Drakken on January 21, 2010, 11:09:19 AM
From Da Boss :

So the question is: will the map still suck?

The map will always suck, even when it doesn't
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

The real question is, will it cost $40? Because it's entirely possible to add various MM features yourself, even to HttT. :P

Grallon

Quote from: Drakken on January 21, 2010, 10:02:15 AM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457102

QuoteYes.

The game to own them all is being developed since October. And we already have screenshots to show. Prepare for a new game using the same design philosophy as the Magna Mundi mod.

Tomorrow PARADOX will make the official announcement. Was given the greenlight to post this because the press was already informed.

Screenshots will be available... when I feel like it. Pretty soon, depending on my definition of soon.

Now, I'm heading for a presentation!

In the name of the Magna Mundi team, thank you very much for your preference. YOU made us level up!

Hmmm  I wonder if it's a coincidence Ubik, the lead project manager of MM said there would be no more versions of their mod....  he must have landed a job with Paradox. :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Quote from: Grallon on January 21, 2010, 12:25:00 PM

Hmmm  I wonder if it's a coincidence Ubik, the lead project manager of MM said there would be no more versions of their mod....  he must have landed a job with Paradox. :P

Question answered:

QuoteOriginally Posted by Sebastian Jarl 
So, are you now employees of Paradox, or are you your own, independent development team?

Independent Team. I founded a game development company called Universo Virtual.

From Ubik himself.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

starbright

The mod is fun, but it slows down my system too much. I think the extra events are to blame.

Martim Silva

So he actually went independent? I have to get back in contact and give him my backing.

Ubik (a nickname he created while playing a Play-By-Mail version of the World of Greyhawk we had here in Portugal called 'Idade das Trevas' in the 90s) was always a dedicated gamer and a good programmer (he liked to program viruses, a talent that eventually made him IT head of a large company).

He was also a decent GM (used to GM our AD&D sessions at Rotary's).

This is not his first try at being a game designer. He once (1995) developed a program that allowed hundreds of players to play by mail. He interfered a lot though, and eventually his paying customers were left stranded when he quit.

I'll check his Universo Virtual company. He'll probably like a bit of a boost from my field. The rest of the guys will probably want to get back in touch again, too.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Josquius

So...you have to pay for magna mundi now?
██████
██████
██████

Pishtaco