News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Planning Summer Vacation

Started by Korea, January 19, 2010, 11:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korea

My sister is planning our summer vacation and has decided that we are going to New Orleans and then Biloxi Mississippi.

Should I be excited or try to change her mind? I don't really know anything about either of these areas. I just want to see some ocean. :(
I want my mother fucking points!

ulmont

Quote from: Korea on January 19, 2010, 11:47:28 AM
My sister is planning our summer vacation and has decided that we are going to New Orleans and then Biloxi Mississippi.

Should I be excited or try to change her mind? I don't really know anything about either of these areas. I just want to see some ocean. :(

New Orleans is a great town if you like food and drinking (there's also some great architecture).  As to ocean, I thought you were pretty close to the ocean in SC?

Caliga

New Orleans really isn't on the ocean (I think it might techically be as I think Lake Ponchartrain is a brackwater inlet of the Gulf), but Biloxi definitely is. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Korea

Quote from: ulmont on January 19, 2010, 11:57:10 AM
Quote from: Korea on January 19, 2010, 11:47:28 AM

New Orleans is a great town if you like food and drinking (there's also some great architecture).  As to ocean, I thought you were pretty close to the ocean in SC?

Well, I am close to the beach but I was wanting to see more of the white sands/clear water type beach which you cant see here in SC but my sister told me I could in Biloxi, MI. Not sure though. :/

Admiral Yi

What kind of sand does Myrtle Beach have?

Korea

Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2010, 12:08:10 PM
New Orleans really isn't on the ocean (I think it might techically be as I think Lake Ponchartrain is a brackwater inlet of the Gulf), but Biloxi definitely is. :)

Yeah, originally my sister said we would just go to New Orleans but I told her to screw that because I wanted to go to a beach so she added in Biloxi.

Korea

Caliga

Korea, to get that you need to go to Destin/Ft. Walton, which is closer to you than Biloxi anyway.  I don't know what kind of beaches they have in Biloxi (Scip will know, I'm sure) but I don't think they look like that.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I'm not sure if Miami has the kind of beach she is apparently looking for.  Also, it would take her twice as long to get there and a trip combining Miami and New Orleans would be kind of impractical.

Korea, go to http://images.google.com and search on 'Destin' to see what I mean.

Korea

Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2010, 12:40:43 PM
Korea, to get that you need to go to Destin/Ft. Walton, which is closer to you than Biloxi anyway.  I don't know what kind of beaches they have in Biloxi (Scip will know, I'm sure) but I don't think they look like that.

I figured and Florida is where I actually want to go but my sister says she doesn't want to go somewhere she's already been. Well, I haven't been there! Arg.  :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

Korea

Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2010, 01:00:51 PM
I'm not sure if Miami has the kind of beach she is apparently looking for.  Also, it would take her twice as long to get there and a trip combining Miami and New Orleans would be kind of impractical.

Korea, go to http://images.google.com and search on 'Destin' to see what I mean.

:w00t: Pretty!!

Caliga

Korea, I have a suggestion: Do not go on vacation with your sister. :smarty:

Admiral Yi

Pensacola has nice white sand beaches and is closer to Nawlins than Destin.  Plus you get the Bue Angels!  And a fort!

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 19, 2010, 01:17:00 PM
Pensacola has nice white sand beaches and is closer to Nawlins than Destin.  Plus you get the Bue Angels!  And a fort!
Yeah, that whole area of the Florida panhandle (the "Crystal Coast", or "Redneck Riviera"  :cool: ) does.  IIRC it also extends into Alabama at Gulf Shores.