News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

MLK Day

Started by jimmy olsen, January 18, 2010, 07:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

And 40-odd years after his death, his dream is in tatters and his movement co-opted.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Disagree completely, his movement may have been co-opted but his Dream has succeeded beyond his wildest expectations. The country has been integrated to an extent that would have been nearly impossible to believe at the time.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

We now need a MILK day.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Yesterday, since she was off for school, I asked my 6 year old niece what she learned about Martin Luther King in school--

"Martin Luther King helped get the black-skinned people and white-skinned people to finally live together, since before there were people that didn't want them living near each other, and that's just silly."

and she also learned about Rosa Parks--

"...and white-skinned people would sit in the front of the bus, and black-skinned people would have to sit in the back.  And also, white-skinned people weren't allowed to use water fountains or bathrooms that black-skinned people used."
Then a pause.
"And actually, that just doesn't make any sense at all."

:lol:

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2010, 10:41:19 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 18, 2010, 10:39:28 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2010, 10:26:14 AM
We now need a MILK day.

Dan White was a hero.

He shot himself.  :homestar:

I thought of you yesterday. At work we took the day off to volunteer at the Salvation Army. The Salvation Army lady started the day with, "Our core mission is to bring people to jesus christ, and we are unapologetic about that." :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

:yes: The Salvation Army has its grubby little hands in all relief efforts of any sort in this area, which frustrates Princesca to no end.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Drakken