News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Estimated Tax Payment Day

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 15, 2010, 10:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

I just did my part to pay down the deficit.

Good thing for the Democrats election day doesn't fall on a payments day.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

KRonn

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 15, 2010, 10:40:01 AM
I just did my part to pay down the deficit.

Good thing for the Democrats election day doesn't fall on a payments day.
I'm proud of you, for doing your civic duty!

Imagine if we all had to pay our taxes directly, quarterly or yearly, instead of it coming out of our paychecks where we get used to just not having the money. I think the amount we pay would feel a lot more noticeable for the average worker and family.   :hmm:

Caliga

Princesca has to do this as well.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Scipio

Fuck.  Me too.  Almost forgot.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Zanza

So is that the tax for 2009 or 2010?

The Minsky Moment

2009.  The tax return is not due until April 15.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sheilbh

My new job is tax research and apparently researching and writing up the report on the US tax system is the poisoned chalice of our department :( :console:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

I'm trying not to think of the tax forms.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 15, 2010, 02:38:53 PM
My new job is tax research and apparently researching and writing up the report on the US tax system is the poisoned chalice of our department :( :console:

Years ago, a mad scientist put a thousand monkeys in front of a thousand typewriters in order to figure out how long it would take them to pen the collected works of Shakespeare.  After a decade, their only progress towards the goal was a single, short line from Troilus & Cressida.

On the positive side, they did manage to type out what later passed Congress to become the US tax code.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 15, 2010, 02:48:35 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 15, 2010, 02:38:53 PM

Years ago, a mad scientist put a thousand monkeys in front of a thousand typewriters in order to figure out how long it would take them to pen the collected works of Shakespeare.  After a decade, their only progress towards the goal was a single, short line from Troilus & Cressida.

On the positive side, they did manage to type out what later (when the monkeys had grown up and become full-sized politicians) passed Congress to become the US tax code.
FYPFY.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!