News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sports, Beer & Steak -- Oh My!!!

Started by C.C.R., January 16, 2010, 09:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

I never did drink a beer yesterday.  Familial obligations & whatnot.  I've been making up for it today, though.  Answering stuff in no particular order...

There's not a thing wrong with Rick Nash.  Yeah, he's been on a slump, but the brother needs his team to step up & help him out some.  Vermette hasn't been looking bad...

I've never had goulash.  Were I presently on the norther fringes of the continent I might stop by & Impose...

Of the three reasons I threw out there, not eating meat because it's not your preferred taste is the one that I can personally respect the most.  Or something.  It's not like I'm busting in doors to eat snow peas & shit...

The Hawks beat Detroit in a shootout this afternoon.  Not the Detroit bloodbath that AmScip predicted, but a thoroughly entertaining game all around.  I'm hoping that we're witnessing a Changing Of The Guard this year, but no matter what way you slice it the Red Wings & the Blackhawks are *ALWAYS* going to come out & play each other tough.  It's only been going on for about eighty years now, and I wouldn't have it any other way...

For a variety of reasons I also didn't make that steak yesterday.  The potatoes are in the oven now, so I'm basically going to watch the end of the Dallas/Minnesota game, walk over to the gas station & pick up a pack of Marlboro Lights, then fire up the grill.  Good times...

:ccr

The Brain

Can't you light the grill the normal way?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

C.C.R.

Ed Anger

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 17, 2010, 03:34:41 PM

There's not a thing wrong with Rick Nash.  Yeah, he's been on a slump, but the brother needs his team to step up & help him out some.  Vermette hasn't been looking bad...

The more negative I am towards a team, the better they do. Usually. So I'm sending out negative waves.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Also, I made a giant pot of Chili*. I've got gas.

*Buckeye chili. Without that cinamon shit.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 17, 2010, 03:45:57 PM
The more negative I am towards a team, the better they do. Usually. So I'm sending out negative waves.

Ahh, the Anti-Jinx.  I know it well.  If you look closely you'll see how I used my own form of it against AmScip above when discussing today's Hawks/Wings game last night...

Ed Anger

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 17, 2010, 03:48:57 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 17, 2010, 03:45:57 PM

Ahh, the Anti-Jinx.  I know it well.  If you look closely you'll see how I used my own form of it against AmScip above when discussing today's Hawks/Wings game last night...

I'm Randy Quaid from Major League II.

Barrister

I've never had goulash.  Were I presently on the norther fringes of the continent I might stop by & Impose...

You're welcome anytime.  :hug:

Goulash is really just a beef stew with lots of paprika.  I had it in Budapest once, then just saw the recipe and decided to try it.  It was good.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2010, 04:08:38 PM

You're welcome anytime.  :hug:

Goulash is really just a beef stew with lots of paprika.  I had it in Budapest once, then just saw the recipe and decided to try it.  It was good.   :cool:

Right back atcha...

:hug:

Mrs.  CCR also just point out a major flaw in my plan of attack by asking if I'm going to sautee some onions & mushrooms to throw on my steak -- an angle which I had overlooked.  Bless her little heart...

:wub:

MadImmortalMan

Real men don't put cinnamon in the chili.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 18, 2010, 12:36:27 AM
Real men don't put cinnamon in the chili.

Sure they do.

I love my cinnamon-chipolte rub i created for chicken and beef. so :blurgh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son