News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sports, Beer & Steak -- Oh My!!!

Started by C.C.R., January 16, 2010, 09:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

It's shaping up to be a pretty good weekend.

The Blackhawks are in Nashville for a 1pm Central matinee this afternoon, to be followed immediately by the two NFL games that I actually give a shit about this week -- Cardinals/Saints & Ravens/Colts.  The weather is looking to be a balmy mid-30'sF today & tomorrow, setting me up for a healthy dose of Garage Drinking (something that I have been sorely lacking the last couple of months due to the cold weather).  I have laid in a fresh 30-pack of icy, cold, refreshing PBR for the occasion, and will also be firing up the grill at some point this afternoon for a little mini-feast of steak, shrimp, baked potatoes & veggies.  Good stuff.

Tomorrow's schedule is not so clear-cut.  The Blackhawks are in Detroit at 11:30am Central for a second matinee this weekend, which will interfere somewhat with the noon start for the Dallas/Minnesota game.  Not that there's any doubt as to which game I will be giving priority to (can't the Cowboys & Vikings *BOTH* lose?), but the scheduling conflict does mar an otherwise harmonious flow to the weekend & shit.  Or something.  Groovy, Man.  Maybe I'll get Feisty tomorrow & fire up a batch of chicken wings.  It sounds about Right.

Stay thirsty, my friends, and eat meat with every meal.  I'm off to do my Honey-Do list so that I can go play later...

Yours in Quality,
:ccr

The Brain

I cannot make much sense of this transmission, but what little I can make out suggests that whoever sent this belongs to some redneck community. Probably in the USA.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

C.C.R.

:lol:

Silly furriner, Trix are for kids...

Scipio

The Red Wings will bathe in the blood of the Black Hawks tomorrow.  So let it be written, so let it be done.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

C.C.R.

Quote from: Scipio on January 16, 2010, 10:15:54 AM
The Red Wings will bathe in the blood of the Black Hawks tomorrow.  So let it be written, so let it be done.

Unfortunately (for me, at least), I think that you're probably right.  The Hawks handed the Wings a pair of 3-0 whitewashings a couple/few weeks ago when Detroit was really, really suffering from the Injury Bug, and between the combination of Revenge Motivation for those losses, the Wings getting some key players back & the game being on national TV I have a bad feeling that the Blackhawks will choke tomorrow.

Or, maybe not.  The Hawks are definitely a few notches better this year than they were last year, making tomorrow's matchup a bit of an Anything Can Happen Day -- which will make it even more entertaining (to me, at least)...

BuddhaRhubarb

Sounds like a :ccr: certified weekend if ever there was one. :cheers:

I found out a few weeks ago that one of the random HD channels I got with my cable box is a local Chicago stn, that shows Hawks games. I've caught parts of quite a few. Exciting to watch.
:p

C.C.R.

Whoops.  Hawks are playing Columbus today, not Nashville as I stated earlier.  My bad.  Not that I'm typing anything in this thread for any purpose beyond increasing my post count anyways...

;)

garbon

I rarely eat meat. I don't really see the point.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

C.C.R.

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2010, 03:38:50 PM
I rarely eat meat. I don't really see the point.

Just not your gig personally for Taste reasons?  Ethical issues?  Health reasons (fat content or what have you)?  Enquiring minds want to know...

Josquius

Its been eons since I had a good steak...in Amsterdam there was this awesome Argentinian restaurant, wish I could go there right now....Damn I love meat. And my sister is a veggie so I have the added bonus of pissing her off as well as actually loving what I eat :p
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

I'm rushing out to get ingredients to make Goulash.  I'm going to set it on the slow cooker, then sit on my ass and watch football (and drink Blue) all afternoon.

:ccr:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 16, 2010, 03:45:19 PM
Just not your gig personally for Taste reasons?  Ethical issues?  Health reasons (fat content or what have you)?  Enquiring minds want to know...

Taste (excluding chicken and bacon which are fabulous). I'll eat meat if served it at a dinner party but otherwise I typically avoid it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 16, 2010, 02:08:56 PM
Whoops.  Hawks are playing Columbus today, not Nashville as I stated earlier.  My bad.  Not that I'm typing anything in this thread for any purpose beyond increasing my post count anyways...

;)

Columbus has disappointed me mightily lately. Nash needs to man up some more.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2010, 03:55:41 PM

Taste (excluding chicken and bacon which are fabulous). I'll eat meat if served it at a dinner party but otherwise I typically avoid it.
Lucky man I guess.
I wish my tastes were for salad and the like but unfortunatly they're for unhealthy stuff :(
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on January 16, 2010, 03:52:07 PM
I'm rushing out to get ingredients to make Goulash.  I'm going to set it on the slow cooker, then sit on my ass and watch football (and drink Blue) all afternoon.

The goulash smells amazing.  The beer is cold.  The football game? Meh.

Maybe Indy v Baltimore will be better.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.