How many people have lived on this planet?

Started by Siege, January 15, 2010, 07:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

You have to remember that back then people lived to be 1000 years old. You can do a lot of procreation in that time.

Secondly, remember that we started over after the deluge. So we really only have about 4000 years.

Thirdly, you can't just account for human parents. There are the angels that sired kids on human women.

You have to work all that into the model.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

Seige: this whole exercise is a fool's errand.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DisturbedPervert

You'd have to calculate it in two stages, before and after the flood

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

@ DP:  :lol: Love how there were more people on earth prior to the Flood than now.  What nutcase produced that graph?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Fate

Why did we fuck more before the flood than after? I missed that part in catechism class. :shutup:

Maximus

Fate

That makes no sense. If a pre-flood human had an average life span of a thousand years its reproductive practices would become much more circumspect. Rabbits only breed like rabbits because they live for such a short period of time.

Grey Fox

Sure, that's the part that makes no sense.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Fate on January 15, 2010, 11:03:37 AM
That makes no sense. If a pre-flood human had an average life span of a thousand years its reproductive practices would become much more circumspect.

Be fruitful and multiply.
No one ever told the J-source about the demographic transition.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on January 15, 2010, 07:53:05 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 15, 2010, 07:13:26 AM
109 947 781 641 people in 1998.

http://www.faculty.rsu.edu/~felwell/Ecology/The%20Number%20of%20People%20That%20Have%20Ever%20Lived.htm

50,000 years, freaking god-fearer. Evolution is FACT.

How can I do the math starting 6000 years ago?

That will be a little tough.
The math part is easy - just do follow Grey Fox's link.

Doing the math 6000 years ago is a challenge, however - you will have to get a time machine to bring you back, and that is probably impossible.

The good news is that math doesn't change over time so when you perform the calculations temporally shouldn't matter.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Caliga on January 15, 2010, 10:49:38 AM
@ DP:  :lol: Love how there were more people on earth prior to the Flood than now.  What nutcase produced that graph?

http://ldolphin.org/popul.html

Zanza

Why does the graph with the flood allow for negative numbers of humans?

Grey Fox

That's sure is a lot of references for something that makes no sense.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.